NIGHT FORCE NXS - Page 2

NIGHT FORCE NXS

This is a discussion on NIGHT FORCE NXS within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; Originally Posted by becks Maybe put the NF side to side against a MK4 and finally answer the "witch ones better" threads once and for ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NIGHT FORCE NXS

Quote Originally Posted by becks
    Maybe put the NF side to side against a MK4 and finally answer the "witch ones better" threads once and for all
    I too would really like to see this.

paulus
    Just a random dude who likes to shoot on occasion.

Any updates on this guys?
    #2 Infidel
    Jeff Dorr...Gone but not forgotten

Next builds:
    "Black and scary assault sniper rifle"
    "machine sniper pistols that spray bullets from clips"...Thanks CNN,NBC & CBS

+1 i am considering getting one and i would like to see mel's write up on one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Sponsors
    Coming very soon!

MEL

BUY the nightforce. I am glad I did. You will not regret it. I have yet to hear of anyone complaining about their NF. I had an adjustment issue with mine. After a few shots the illumination would come on. Of course during the day I couldnt tell. It wasnt until I was putting the rifle away or looked down and saw the knob was pulled out that I knew. I emailed nightforce and within the hour I had it repaired. I have never had this quick of service before. They emailed me how to adjust the knob and it was simple.

I highly recomend them. In case you are wondering which scope I have, it is the 12-42x56mm NXS with mildot.

Nightforce NXS scopes are superior to Leupold MK4 scopes... So long as resolution, light transmission, durability, magnification range, and travel are considered important to any degree.

The Mark 4 is American made - but so are the NXS scopes (contrary to common belief). Only the BR scopes come from Japan. There are probably nearly as many Japanese people on this site as there are people looking for benchrest scopes (as a tactically oriented group). In my opinion, the Nightforce is aesthetically more enticing.

As a benefit to its less substantial build, the Leupold 4.5-14x50 with illuminated reticle option has a bit less mass than the Nightforce 3.5-15x50. All Nightforce NXS scopes have illumination.

The only benefit that I can see to buying thee Leupold is its lower price. The price difference is about 15% (probably a bit less). I think that a is to small to constitute a separate "price range". I will go with NF - only $1485 at SC sniper store!

Quote Originally Posted by mele
    Coming very soon!

MEL
    Now to be very very soon?
    #2 Infidel

Next builds:

Sponsors
    Hehe... yep. The Premier Heritage scope review is going to be posted in 1-2 days. The alpha-66 review right after it, then the NXS is next. Already did the review, just working on the writeup.

To give a summary.

Pros: great optics, well built, excellent knobs, good design and nice reticles

Cons: Entire eye piece rotates with mag change (flip ups cant really be used), pain to adjust reticle brightness (have to remove cap and battery and adjust with screw driver), and everyone keeps saying they are made in USA, but the tubes say made in japan??? (I believe it is just a switchover period).

MEL

:shock: Premier Heritage!!!
    Awesome, I had heard a wisper that you might be working on one, I hope its everything I hope and more. I hope you really got to stretch your legs with that one, like out to 1000 and maybe even 1200 yards to really try it our.
    Looking forward to it.
    #2 Infidel

Next builds:

Quote Originally Posted by mele
    Hehe... yep. The Premier Heritage scope review is going to be posted in 1-2 days. The alpha-66 review right after it, then the NXS is next. Already did the review, just working on the writeup.
    What's that? Crickets chirping in the background? :lol:

Just giving you a hard time. I love reading your reviews and never can wait for the next one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ads