Remington 700 xcr tactical long range

This is a discussion on Remington 700 xcr tactical long range within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; Hey everyone! New to the forums and this would be my first gun. I am curious what you guys think of the Remington 700 xcr ...

Hey everyone! New to the forums and this would be my first gun. I am curious what you guys think of the Remington 700 xcr tactical long range. I don't know too much about rifles (yet) but I am eager to learn! Thanks in advance.

im picking one up next week.the compact 223 with 20" barrel.ill let you know how it shoots

Sounds good, I can't wait to see your opinion! Let me know if you would recommend this for a newbie, or if I should get a "lower end" rifle to start. Before it gets brought up, yes I do know that I love shooting.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

it all depends what you want to shoot.i like 223s coz i shoot foxes.the short barrel makes it quicker getting it out the window of the truck and im hoping the tactical side will give it a bit more accuracy than my old ruger 77.if your into long range targets,then a rifle with a bit more beef and a bit more barrel would help,doesnt need to cost the earth.ive got 2 308 target rifles one scoped one with open sights.aussie made single shot omarks cost about 300au$ each shoot .5 moa no worries.better than my tikka 243 that cost 3 times as much.243s are great but most factory rifles come withslower barrel twist for light varmint bullets mine will take 90 grainers at the heaviest.great fun to shoot though.if your new to all this avoid the magnum end of things.pick something you can shoot all day and youll end up a better shot.

rem 700 xcr tlr

i bought one in 300wm,had coppering problems and stock was hitting in 4 places.everything is fixed now and it shoots like a dream.i know some people that bought the 308s and they had stock problems too.really dont know about the 20in compacts all of ours was the 26s.

CGS
    Hi I have a Remington XCR in 308. - -Don't take my following words as advice since I am a novice to long range shooting. - -

As a matter of fact I was at the range yesterday with some friends. We were shooting paper at 200 yards, and this is just warming up for this rifle. Everyone, even the ones who have never shot before, were able to hit on target after I zeroed.

Again I'm still new to long range shooting, and 200 yards is hardly long (I wish I could find a longer range!!!), but at 200 yards I was keeping less than 3" groups with cheapo 308 remanufactured ammo. I was doing better with hornady match ammo. If I were using a lead sled or just was a better shot, it's not uncommon for this rifle to hold half inch groups at 100 yards. I have read repeated times that this rifle, in the .308, is rated with the proper shooter to easily make 1000 yard shots. I'll let you know if I ever make that happen

I bought the xcr for a few reasons, when doing research I decided on the remington 700 platform. Then when researching the various options, I decided since I am not a hunter, I didn't mind the little extra weight of the longer 26" barell. I really bought the rifle primarily because of the XCR. Xtreme Weather Conditions. Since I am not able to get to the range every month, I didn't want to fear any rust or tarnish as the rifle sat in the safe. Therefore I bought a rifle designed to get wet in the field, hence the xtreme conditions.

One thing I did not like, was afore mentioned, the stock was contacting the barrel. It's supposed to be free float but for some reason, maybe irregularities in the fiberglass stock, the barrell was contacting in one place. This was easily remedied with some coarse sand paper. It was EZ to remove some material from the fiberglass in no time. Just perform a dollar bill test on the barrell before you shoot, or maybe before you buy.

There may be some better rifles out there, but for my money I think I made the right decision.

CGS
    Edited: oops duplicate

Ads