GA Percision review please

This is a discussion on GA Percision review please within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; I would like you to do a review on GA Precision Riflles They make a rifle equal to Tac Op rifles. This constant putting down ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: GA Percision review please

I would like you to do a review on GA Precision Riflles They make a rifle equal to Tac Op rifles. This constant putting down of any other custon rifle maker but Tac Op is foolish. You can put a stop to it by telling your readers about other fine custom tactical rifles like GA Percision
    Ron

Re: GA Percision review please

You really have never seen or fired one if you belive GA Percision has a sporting barrel on it. As far as a guarantee of 1/4 inch it would depend on the shooter. My Crusader shoots 1/4 inch. Put to a contest of which one shoots the best would depend on the shooter and the day.

Re: GA Percision review please

+1 for a GAP rifle review. Maybe the crusader, or the rock
    Remington 700SPS .308
    Teludyne Tech Straight Jacket Barrel System
    Manners T2 Stock
    Leupold Mark 4 LR/T Scope
    Badger Ordnance M5 DBM trigger guard
    Badger Ordnance 20MOA rail
    TPS 1" TSR Rings
    Harris Bi-pod.
    "SEND IT"

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I agree, A GA Precision review

Quote Originally Posted by greenron15 View Post
    I would like you to do a review on GA Precision Riflles They make a rifle equal to Tac Op rifles. This constant putting down of any other custon rifle maker but Tac Op is foolish. You can put a stop to it by telling your readers about other fine custom tactical rifles like GA Percision
    Ron

I agree, I always wanted to see an M24 rifle review between a Remington M24 SWS, a GA Precision M24, and a Texas Brigade Armory M24. A review of those three using the same scope, same lots of ammo, and same conditions would be great! Which is more accurate, which is lowest in price, which one is the best! I know they will all be pretty close but it will be interesting nonetheless.

-Mike

I am not knocking GAP. I believe that they make a great rifle. My problem is that my factory R700 shoots better than 1/2 moa. I would be sick if I spent that kind of money on a custom and it only shot 1/2 moa. I realize that the majority of them shoot better, but they are not guaranteed to do so. I realize that the conditions and the shooter have a lot to do with a gun shooting less than 1/2 moa. I also realize that I am capable of less than 1/2 moa (maybe not 1/4 though), but if I spend that kind of money I want to know that my gun is not going to be the limiting factor in my shooting. Like Adam said though-- I wouldn't turn one down. I have shot GAP and they shoot really well. I have not shot a Tac-Ops to compare.

I also would like to see an official "Mel" review of a GAP rifle.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Sponsors
    The GA Precision review is a good idea and we'll get one here and make it happen on snipercentral.com

We already have a Real Remington M24 here, NIB, but doing a comparison between Remmy, GAP, and TBA could be interesting, but initially we'll probably go with a Crusader or similar.

MEL

hoagymaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mele View Post
    The GA Precision review is a good idea and we'll get one here and make it happen on snipercentral.com

We already have a Real Remington M24 here, NIB, but doing a comparison between Remmy, GAP, and TBA could be interesting, but initially we'll probably go with a Crusader or similar.

MEL
    Awesome News! can't wait Mel

~Reagan
    "There is a very thin line between being Brave and being Stupid.",~R.Reagan

Thats great! Looking forward to it. I have a feeling that the real M24 will come out on top with the right ammo. I've always liked the Walker trigger design and the Timney 510 is based off of it but without the floating connector, I think it's all one piece as it should be. I've also heard about the X-mark pro trigger and how bad it is. I've seen that the X-mark pro has an adjustment screw in the upper trigger shoe and saw a trigger like that on a photo of someone's GA precision M24, which I thought was kind of strange. All three of them have nice barrels with 5R and twist rates around 1 in 11.25 give or take a .25.

Quote Originally Posted by mele View Post

MEL
    Last edited by mmontag; 04-23-2013 at 03:09 AM.

I had my model 70 done by them and I'm holding 1/2" MOA at 300yards . It's a 300WSM and the put a Krieger barrel on and lap lugs blue print and trued, I'm very happy and would refer anyone to them. I had Dustin Lasiter do the work. I then put a Timney trigger on and a McMillan M40 stock.ImageUploadedByOutdoor Forums1401021655.904486.jpg ImageUploadedByOutdoor Forums1401021399.973587.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Outdoor Forums

Great rifles built by great guys! I just recently got my 6.5 Creedmoor built by George himself

seansmd likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads