Muzzle brake - Page 5

Muzzle brake

This is a discussion on Muzzle brake within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; Originally Posted by deadshot2 Of course there's another possibility ------ That you're just another troll. My vote is troll....

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Muzzle brake

Quote Originally Posted by deadshot2 View Post

Of course there's another possibility ------ That you're just another troll.
    My vote is troll.

I could barely read his friggin story- looks like a third grader wrote it.
    GMinor likes this.

So anyway, from what I'm seeing these seem to be legit? I'm thinking of ordering one for my 700 5R .308.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

My advise to anyone thinking of purchasing a Bolt on Muzzle Brake is to stay away I'm lucky to by here to tell my story to you. I just recently purchased a Bolt on muzzle Brake from a leading seller _ _ _ _ machine I was told by not to use there name but let me tell my story. I purchased the bolt on muzzle brake for my marlin Bolt action stainless 270 and mounted the bolt on muzzle brake two days later I went to me local gun range to try out the new bolt on muzzle brake as some as I pulled the gun out the reaction from people was not good one guy told his shooting partner to get all there guns back that's a bolt on and there a piece of **** get back he said its going to blow off. I'm thinking to myself what have I purchased its not get good reviews here. I told the guy shoot next to me on the other side to get back. thinking what could happen I've seen people on YouTube using them so I set up for my first shoot and held on and fired off the first round the shoot was way high and to the right the guy to the left said dam did you see the blast out of that its a good thing we moved are guns I set up for the next shoot a pulled off the second round off it kick hard and I here "there it goes" I told you it would blow off it landed about 18 yards out. It scratched the end of my barrel pretty good the range master came over to see what all the excitement was all about. I'm so lucky the gun barrel didn't blow up in my face or blow up and kill one of the other shooter. i say Stay away from Bolt on Muzzle Brakes its not worth you life!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rjackd1 View Post
    So anyway, from what I'm seeing these seem to be legit? I'm thinking of ordering one for my 700 5R .308.
    They're legit and you won't be sorry. I found that it gave my rebarreled 5-R enough recoil reduction and "down-force" that I now shoot sub ..300 MOA groups at distance. Yesterday in a final test of a load I'd worked up gave me a .850" group at 300 Y or .271 MOA. Prior to the addition of the brake the rifle had a tendency to jump on the bipod and it was merely a sub .5 MOA rifle. Not only a 40-50% reduction in recoil but a similar increase in accuracy.

The instructions for measuring and ordering are about as clear as they can be and anyone who can use a dial/digital caliper or micrometer can measure where they tell you too. The machine work is excellent (I was trained long ago as a machinist and am pretty fussy) and the fit is great.

It mentions in the instructions that one can use some loctite to help slip the unit on the end of your barrel which will both provide some protection to the finish as well as make sure the unit doesn't move. It's clamped in place with three allen head cap screws so movement is pretty unlikely.

Need to remove it for some reason, just loosen the end screws, remove the center screw, reverse it so it's in the threaded part of the brake and use it as a "jacking screw" by inserting a dime in the slot. It will be loose enough to slip off without any extra force.

It is "Barrel specific" so it will only work on a barrel with the exact measurements you provided when ordering.

Back to our "Troll". He's such a maroon he's done a "cut and paste" on a subsequent post. He's up to a total of 6 now and at least three are "word for word" identical. Sometimes I actually like feeding them. Toss them a "treat" and then watch them "perform".

Mr. "Bolt Action Man" needs to improve his act or he'll get tossed out of the Troll Guild.

Thanks for the follow up, I'm gonna give these guys a go. I haven't put many rounds through my rifle (or any bolt) yet so I want to make sure I'm shooting properly without any aids, but I'll still order this thing and have it ready for when I want to put it on.

Thanks for the follow up, I'm gonna give these guys a go. I haven't put many rounds through my rifle (or any bolt) yet so I want to make sure I'm shooting properly without any aids, but I'll still order this thing and have it ready for when I want to put it on.
    Follow their measuring instructions exactly. I actually put a pencil mark on my barrel after carefully measuring back from the muzzle so I was sure to get the exact diameter. Make sure you get your caliper or micrometer perfectly square with the bore. If you're at an angle it will yield a larger measurement than the actual dimension. Measure several times to make sure you are "exact".

If you want to put a few rounds down range first that's up to you. Might be better to install the brake and not take the chance of developing any bad habits that the standard recoil (even though it's not all that bad) might cause. Bad habits are hard to overcome.

Just ordered one. I'll give my opinions on it once it's on and I put a few rounds through it.

Banned
    I HATE my witt machine brake... I used it for 1/2 of one match and took it off my rifle... Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way..

the witt brake is now a q-tip holder on my bench.. It will NEVER touch any rifles of mine again.

It didn't shoot off my rifle, and nobody at the range (for testing, or at the match) freaked out... I measured properly, and installed it properly. It just made my particular rifle shoot unpredictably, and that was absolutely unacceptable.
    Last edited by GMinor; 03-28-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Banned
    I could barely read his friggin story- looks like a third grader wrote it.
    I agree... I read it last night and it was so bad that I wasn't even going to touch it...
    Last edited by GMinor; 03-28-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Ads