Steiner Predator Xtreme scopes

This is a discussion on Steiner Predator Xtreme scopes within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; Hey folks, just wondering if anyone has or has had experience with the non Mil versions of the Steiner scopes. Building a Savage 10 in ...

Hey folks, just wondering if anyone has or has had experience with the non Mil versions of the Steiner scopes. Building a Savage 10 in .308 to knock about and picked up a 4X16 -50. Haven't tried it yet but it was an impulse buy for the price when I picked it up. I know the Mil versions get some great reviews but I cant really find anything on these. Appreciate any input.

Cheers,

Longhorn_Grubby

I had your same question and I have 2 responses from 2 different people:

"Awesome scope. Replaced by 5x scopes. I Shot one for two years. That's a steal."

And this;

"Steiner is known for quality but I've never used their rifle scopes, just their binos. Looks like a good scope, has a variable power, 30mm tube, side parallax adjustment, but as far as tactical use, the turrets are capped, you will have to unscrew the protective cap to make elevation changes on the fly.

The reticle is their own and appears to be a simple ballistic reticle that you won't be able to MIL range off of. In other words, it is not a MIL base or MOA based reticle as far as I can tell. That's why I don't like ballistic type reticles.

It looks like a fantastic scope for hunting and general shooting but not for serious tactical/sniper work. Also, the "wind hold" marks in the scope are generic and I doubt all that accurate at longer ranges, just too many variables for a scope to be made to handle them all. Hard call on this one, depends on what you want t us it for.

Here is the Owners Manual...

http://www.steiner-scopes.com/pdf/Pr...user-guide.pdf "

I found one on ebay Steiner 5003 Predator Xtreme 4 16x50 s 1 30mm Riflescope w Rebate 000381850034 | eBay and it has a $75 dollar rebate so It comes out to $575

Ads