Angle shooting help!!

Angle shooting help!!

This is a discussion on Angle shooting help!! within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; Looking for information on products to help with angle shooting, I know of several products out there and the prices vary. Keep in mind this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Angle shooting help!!

Angle shooting help!!

Looking for information on products to help with angle shooting, I know of several products out there and the prices vary. Keep in mind this will mostly be utilized in an urban environment (SWAT sniper), it will be used on a Rem. .308. I have some experience with angle shooting and I'm looking to improve the accuracy of angle measurements. Looking at something that would attach to the weapon system itself and not simply using a protractor. I'm sure there are a few in here that have experience with several different products.

This
    Badger Ordnance Angle Cosine Indicator Kit Generation 2

and

This
    Leica CRF1000-R rangemaster laser rangefinder 40535 40535 - EuroOptic.com

A bushnell with ARC is also an option and is at a much lower price point.

~Ben

I think Leupold also sells one

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys. I'll check them out

Badger is a cosine indicator and not an angle indicator. It saves a step in the process. The rest is just an accurate laser range finder and doing the math.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ddd oo7 View Post
    Badger is a cosine indicator and not an angle indicator. It saves a step in the process. The rest is just an accurate laser range finder and doing the math.
    As I understand it; the angle indicator is sold exclusively by Nightforce.
    ddd oo7 likes this.

I may be out of line here and if I am tell me. But as a urban police sniper how much effect is an angle going to have on the relatively short distances police usually shoot? I'm not saying you don't need it, I'm just wondering.
    -I redefined trust between my wife and I. I bought her a gun, taught her to shoot, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    I may be out of line here and if I am tell me. But as a urban police sniper how much effect is an angle going to have on the relatively short distances police usually shoot? I'm not saying you don't need it, I'm just wondering.
    Initially I was thinking the same thing. From time to time you'll run into a fellow that just wants to expand his technical and tactical expertise. I sure can't argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
    Possibly ALOT. Urban sniping is potentially the most high angle place you can be. Man made mountains. Also crazy cross winds, good times.

But to answer the OPs question, cosign indicator is the best and most feasible option. And failing that a good solution for angle shooting is "aim nuts and pull the trigger"

If you are shooting a target 200 yards line of sight from a building 141 yards tall (most engagements are closer than that...and very few buildings are that tall) then the point of aim will be off by less than 3 inches assuming you are shooting a 308 with 168 smk's. Whether shooting uphill or downhill you will always hit higher than the same line of sight range on flat ground.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads