EGW 25 MOA BASES???

EGW 25 MOA BASES???

This is a discussion on EGW 25 MOA BASES??? within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; EGW 25 moa Pictanny one piece scope bases. Anybody had any experience with these fella's products or possibly this item? Also, how is their quality ...

EGW 25 MOA BASES???

EGW 25 moa Pictanny one piece scope bases.

Anybody had any experience with these fella's products or possibly this item? Also, how is their quality compared to Badger or similar Brands?

Thanks,
    Leo

Sponsors
    link to a web page? I'd be happy to request one for review for writeup

MEL

I didn't try to find a web page, but they are on Ebay right now. They have it for Savage and Remington SA/LA rifles. I ordered one for my .300 RUM Remy 700. I would do review on it, but it's going to be a couple months 'til I get rings for my rig.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Here is the webpage:

www.egw-guns.com

EGW base for Savage 110.

I bought an EGW base from an ebay auction for 40 dollars plus 6 for shipping. Overall the base is pretty nice for the money. The machine work is excellent and everything fit as it should with no gaps between it and the action. It has been mounted on the rifle and has seen several hundred rounds with no problems what so ever.

That being said, this base is made out of aluminium and in no way can be compaired to bases from Badger Ordnance. If EGW were to offer a steel base I honestly think that it could be on par with the Badger bases if the machine work were kept at the level it is now. I may be wrong but I really don't think the EGW base would survive being dragged around in a drag bag for years (but then again the Savage would probably crap out before the base would), so take that into consideration if you are truely building a tactical rifle.

Overall, the EGW base is a good deal for what you are getting, and at 1/4 of the price of a badger base I would not hesitate to buy another one. But make no mistake, this is not a badger base, and if you are building a nice rifle that you already have 2k into why not just spring for a high dollar base? If you are building a low dollar tactical rifle such as myself this base will serve you very well.

NOW, if I were to do it all again I probably reconsider buying this base and take a serious look at Ken Farrell bases as I really don't like the fact that its aluminium. Although they are not in the 1913 Picatinny style they are very nice bases which happen to be made of steel (or aluminium if you prefer) and will probably never let you down. Ken Farrell bases do cost almost twice as much as the EGW bases and offer no other advantages other than being made of steel.

Emorse,

Thank you for your review and it is valued to me and it would be consider on how series I would want my SLOW Remy 700 build to be on its end outcome.

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by mele
    link to a web page? I'd be happy to request one for review for writeup

MEL

Mel did you ever do a review on the EVO bases?
    just an average guy who like to burn ammo

Sponsors
    nope, not yet

MEL

Ads