Buying bulk ammo

Buying bulk ammo

This is a discussion on Buying bulk ammo within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; Trying to find the best deal on 1000 rds of .223 or 5.56. Was going to buy federal independence from natchezss, but I seen some ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buying bulk ammo

Trying to find the best deal on 1000 rds of .223 or 5.56. Was going to buy federal independence from natchezss, but I seen some at bulkammo. It was tulAmmo and was pretty cheap. Came out at .22 per round. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't mind shooting steel cased in your AR, why not? I'm pretty sure it will be your practice plinking ammo, right? I don't feel comfortable shooting steel case out of my AR, so I normally shop for XM193. Cost is some where around .30 to .35 per round. Definitely bit higher price than Tulammo or similar kinds.

Some Cons with Steel-case ammo. * Depends on the number of rounds you go through your AR, you will for sure run into a few incidents of stuck cases. * Your AR will wear quicker. If you don't go through thousands rounds a year, well... it would not matter, I guess. * They are bimetal jacketted. Your range may not approve of them. * Do not ask for a great accuracy. Quality is not there.

Pros. Cheap. Even if you will go through some malfuntions, if you are not going to go heavily with your train and enjoying your weekends out in no-where, saving some cash may not be a bad idea.

I have purchased federal from palmetto they take thier sweet time shipping but it always shows up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Looks like I'll stick with brass then. Forget the steel. Thx for input.

What about the military law enforcement training 9mm ammo? At Natchez It's a bit cheaper then the American eagle. Says brass casings.

Tula CRAP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pool_shark_dc View Post
    What about the military law enforcement training 9mm ammo? At Natchez It's a bit cheaper then the American eagle. Says brass casings.

I went into Natchez web to see what others are available. I've seen some wicked shit with Remington and American Eagle red box. So... I try to not get them unless I don't much to choose from. It probably was the pistols which were being particular about some ammo. They're still OK ammo, it's just personal preferences.

However, I would rather go with Fiocchi, Winchester white box, or CCI Blazer. I see the price points are right there with each others. For last few years I've been shooting them for practice and training. Those boxes were very reliable cheap practice ammo.

Last edited by Rhyno430; 10-20-2017 at 12:21 PM.
    Joseph "Rhyno"

Outdoorlimited.com
    As long as there will be a need to combat evil, there will be a need for guns. And if there's a need for guns there's a need for making the precision long range rifle shot.

When searching for bulk ammo, I found this website helpful (and they have a phone app too):

Wiki Arms

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads