P.O.F. revolution review

P.O.F. revolution review

This is a discussion on P.O.F. revolution review within the Product Review Requests forums, part of the SniperForums.com & SniperCentral.com Related category; I got this rifle for Christmas and it is my first gas gun. It is a Patriot Ordinance Factory Revolution chambered in 6.5 creedmore. For ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By engineer837
  • 1 Post By engineer837

Thread: P.O.F. revolution review

P.O.F. revolution review

I got this rifle for Christmas and it is my first gas gun. It is a Patriot Ordinance Factory Revolution chambered in 6.5 creedmore. For optics I went with a Burris XTR II 4-20x50 moa reticle scope mounted with Leupold rings. I went with a magpul bipod. For ammunition I chose to zero it with hornaday precision hunter 143g.
    For starters this is my first gas gun and my second rifle (first was a 700 7mm mag I got rid of last year) so my experience shooting and working with rifles is limited and with gas guns is even more so. I shot a buddies ar-15 with a red dot at a 25 yard target 2 years ago and that's it. With that said take my results with a grain of salt.
    Prior to heading out I did quite a bit of research on how to shoot a gas gun from a bi pod without a bag, what to expect as far as muzzle velocity, what my dope from zero to 200 yards should be.
    I started off with it in a bench rest my friend loaned me and ended up ditching it as I did better with just the bi pod. I ended up wasting about 15 of the 40 rounds I shot due to the bench rest and my own dyslexic self getting confused on which way to turn the turrets the first few rounds.
    Results were as follows;

accuracy- my best 100 yard group was under 1", my 200 yard 4 shot group was under or at 2" with one flyer. The windage estimation in the hornaday ballistic calculator was spot on estimating just over .5 moa for the 6mph wind I had.

Reliability- i shot the rifle 3 rounds at a time reloading the mag each time. First 20 went off no problem #21, 24 and 27 failed to feed and jammed with the round pointed at a 45 degree angle upward and the bolt half way back. Following rounds went off without a hitch. I contacted P.O.F. and they stated it could just be due to the rifle not being broken in yet and to run a some more ammo through it. He sounded confident the issue would iron itself out. Oh, the gas block was set to the "N" setting.
    Fit and finish- what can I say, its beautiful.

1st pic is my sight in at 100 yards, second is my best 100 yard group, 3rd is 200 yards and last is 25 yards with my hk 45.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Scarpetta likes this.

Took the rifle to pof today, they went through it and ran 40 rounds through it with no issues. Sounds like it was just tight from being new and needed some lube/use.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Scarpetta likes this.

Ads