Reloading Setup & Process (Pics) *Complete* - Page 3

Reloading Setup & Process (Pics) *Complete*

This is a discussion on Reloading Setup & Process (Pics) *Complete* within the Reloading forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Certainly a great write-up, Janvier. I thinkl you've captured the spirit of reloading rather well. The pics were a great touch. I think you've touched ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Reloading Setup & Process (Pics) *Complete*

Certainly a great write-up, Janvier. I thinkl you've captured the spirit of reloading rather well. The pics were a great touch. I think you've touched on the major issues of basic reloading.

Jeff

FWIW, if you’re concerned about getting your tumbler media unnecessarily dirty, save up old (used) dryer sheets (that cut static). Every so often, cut about 3 or 4 dryer sheets up into 2-inch squares and tumble them in your media. Notice how much crud they will be caked with after an hour of two. This will extend the life of your media in a HUGE way.
    oilfieldjosh likes this.
    Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason...

Wow! A very informative (and oddly sentimental) post and I like the pictures; nice touch. The process doesn't seem as difficult as I imagined it to be (I don't know anyone that reloads, so I've never seen the process). But what does all of that equipment cost?

Will this be made a sticky? I think it's a good introduction to reloading; and the pictures, for those of us who are less inclined to read large chunks of words, are very helpful.
    Barrett: You dont want to shoot any highspeed projectile at an airplane. Its illegal.
    Reporter: A terrorist is not concerned about whats legal or not.
    Barrett: And a terrorist is not concerned if you pass another law [banning .50 caliber firearms]

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mattress
    The process doesn't seem as difficult as I imagined it to be.
    It can be even easier than you see, if you are less anal than me. (Rhyming partially unintentional.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattress
    What does all of that equipment cost?
    I started out with the RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Reloading Kit, which can be had for around $300. It may seem a bit much, but it gives you lots of equipment and it's very good quality for the most part. You can save by buying everything individually, picking out your own tools. You can save a lot by using the Lee Hand Press; it might save you around $100 over a heavy bench mounted press, and it's portable. Then you will have to add a few things like dies, shell holder, calipers, tumbler, trimmer, and a couple small tools. Most of those are inexpensive. Especially juxtaposed with your tiny groups.

And thanks for the feedback!
    Janvier

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." -Wernher von Braun

!!!

Great writeup Janvier. Pictures are just perfect. Thanks

Slip
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." -- Bruce Lee

Guys, try Hornady One-Shot! Thank me later
    Kamrad Tylov

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."

Fantastic writeup brother, the pics alone are worth a Sticky, consider this one page one.

Rigger
    I hate to be the cruel hand of reality slapping you across the face but, someone has to do it.

Life's hard, buy a helmet. You're not going to get coddled around here so get over it.

Hidden Content

Thanks Janvier!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    FWIW, if you’re concerned about getting your tumbler media unnecessarily dirty, save up old (used) dryer sheets (that cut static). Every so often, cut about 3 or 4 dryer sheets up into 2-inch squares and tumble them in your media. Notice how much crud they will be caked with after an hour of two. This will extend the life of your media in a HUGE way.
    That's a great tip Slick, thanks! BillT.
    Gun Control Is Like Trying To Reduce Drunk Driving, By Making It Tougher For Sober People To Own Cars

Use Solvent for shell wash process.

Instead of using water and soap which can leave contamination on your brass you can use a solvent in the dip wash process. The beauthy to this process is that your shells are really clean and dry almost instantly :wink:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ads