The Home Armory: Loading .45 ammo under occupation

This is a discussion on The Home Armory: Loading .45 ammo under occupation within the Reloading forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Now listen up and pay attention. I am going to tell you how to keep your .45 ACP talking. The .45 ACP has similar case ...

Now listen up and pay attention. I am going to tell you how to keep your .45 ACP talking.

The .45 ACP has similar case head dimensions to rifle brass from the .308 and .30-06 families. If you can get your hands on such brass, then you can form .45 ACP cases.

To form the .45 ACP cases, you must trim your rifle brass. Perhaps the best way to do this is to use a .45ACP trim die. You run the rifle case into the die and trim it down using a hacksaw blade and a file. The trim die is super-hard so you cannot damage it with a file. You can get the trim die from Huntington's in Oroville, California.

One you have your trimmed brass, you should prime them with large pistol primers. Do not use rifle primers unless you are a schmoe.

You may now proceed to load your case. I would recommend that you use cast lead bullets. You will always be able to find lead and you will always be able to have bullets casted.

So everytime you find a rifle case lying on the ground at the range, pick it up. Even a tired old case can be safely used at lower pressures when converted to .45 ACP.

And even when the communists ban pistol ammo, you may still find rifle ammo available. Just listen to me and arm yourselves. Do it today and don't delay. Don't be a schmoe

Fluffy
    I'm a genius. And you are not.

Re: The Home Armory: Loading .45 ammo under occupation

Fluffy, have you ever tried this?

I was loading for my .45ACP today after a long while of loading only for my .308, I couldn't help but notice the big difference in case wall thickness between the factory .45acp brass, and the bottom end of the .308. Strangely, I found a rifle case that was cut open at the range the other day and noticed that the wall thickness is probably twice as thick as .45 acp brass. This seems logical, as the .45acp only is meant to handle about 1/3 of the pressure of a .308. It just seems like the extra wall thickness would cause problems seating a .452" diameter bullet inside the bottom end of .308 brass.

I found a new faulty piece of brass and cut it open and here's what I found:

Doesn't seem possible to me...
    Happiness is a warm gun.

Stevens 200 6.5x47 Lapua project Hidden Content
    6.5x55 M96 Swedish Mauser
    S&W 1500 .30-06
    Savage 64FXP
    Springfield XD45 Tactical Bi-tone

The idea has been around as long as I can remember. Some companies even made high pressure 45 systems based on using 308 cases cut down back in 1980s. I think they called one 45 Super

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I understand that, I was just interested in how one would do this, as the inner diameter of the brass is ony .410"
    Happiness is a warm gun.

Stevens 200 6.5x47 Lapua project Hidden Content
    6.5x55 M96 Swedish Mauser
    S&W 1500 .30-06
    Savage 64FXP
    Springfield XD45 Tactical Bi-tone

You inside neck reem, the area the bullet sits in, until its the correct thickness of the bullet

I'm not sure I'll find anything much better. Meilifang also seems to be a very reputable seller.

his seems logical, as the .45acp only is meant to handle about 1/3 of the pressure of a .308. It just seems like the extra wall thickness would cause problems seating a .452" diameter bullet inside the bottom end of .308 brass.
    Whether you want to pass Hidden Content exam exams or looking for Hidden Content certification, our Hidden Content can provide guaranteed success in real exam of Hidden Content ccna training are also having Hidden Content

SW Ohio when I am not on my motorcycle riding north
    It would be interesting if someone with a machine shop could make a cast for a 45 cal bullet that allowed the use of cut down un-reamed 308 cases.... Then it would seem to be much easier to build some brass. Unless I guess you already have the tools

7.62x56r accuracy Load data???

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTheCat View Post
    Now listen up and pay attention. I am going to tell you how to keep your .45 ACP talking.

The .45 ACP has similar case head dimensions to rifle brass from the .308 and .30-06 families. If you can get your hands on such brass, then you can form .45 ACP cases.

To form the .45 ACP cases, you must trim your rifle brass. Perhaps the best way to do this is to use a .45ACP trim die. You run the rifle case into the die and trim it down using a hacksaw blade and a file. The trim die is super-hard so you cannot damage it with a file. You can get the trim die from Huntington's in Oroville, California.

One you have your trimmed brass, you should prime them with large pistol primers. Do not use rifle primers unless you are a schmoe.

You may now proceed to load your case. I would recommend that you use cast lead bullets. You will always be able to find lead and you will always be able to have bullets casted.

So everytime you find a rifle case lying on the ground at the range, pick it up. Even a tired old case can be safely used at lower pressures when converted to .45 ACP.

And even when the communists ban pistol ammo, you may still find rifle ammo available. Just listen to me and arm yourselves. Do it today and don't delay. Don't be a schmoe

Fluffy
    Fluffy, please excuse me for hijacking your thread. I'm someone new to the forum and could not figure out how to start a brand-new thread seeking and accuracy load for 7.62x54r. I have an M39( sniper and a 91/30 sniper. I'm looking for an accuracy load from 100 to 300 yards for C&R rifle match shoots. I have an AR-15 in .308 and get sub MOA groups using Sierra Match King HPBT bullets but can't find a load table for 7.62x54r. I suspect this Sierra Match King HPBT 174 gr - .311 dia would probably work well with IMR4895. That particular powder also happens to be an plentiful supply. However, instead of using the SWAG method I would rather hear from the voice of experience. Has anyone developed and accuracy load for this caliber? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Ads