Reducing SD and ES - Page 5

Reducing SD and ES

This is a discussion on Reducing SD and ES within the Reloading forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Primer differences: Most Accurate Rifle Primers for Precision Reloading - PrecisionRifleBlog.com http://ingunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading/174704-choosing-right-primer.html The Effects Of Different Primers On The Load Some primer powder combinations work ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Reducing SD and ES

Primer differences:
    Most Accurate Rifle Primers for Precision Reloading - PrecisionRifleBlog.com

http://ingunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading/174704-choosing-right-primer.html

The Effects Of Different Primers On The Load

Some primer powder combinations work better together.
    Some of us, unfortunately, do not have choices in what primers we use. Whatever is available is my primer of choice.
    Last edited by mamalukino; 02-12-2016 at 10:44 AM.
    Rhyno430 likes this.
    Hidden Content

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

Who would be Free; Themselves must strike the blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mamalukino View Post
    Primer differences:
    Most Accurate Rifle Primers for Precision Reloading - PrecisionRifleBlog.com

http://ingunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading/174704-choosing-right-primer.html

The Effects Of Different Primers On The Load

Some primer powder combinations work better together.
    Some of us, unfortunately, do not have choices in what primers we use. Whatever is available is my primer of choice.
    I wouldn't put much into the first article, but the second is a wealth of information.
    Joseph "Rhyno"

Quote Originally Posted by mamalukino View Post
    This was especially true during the great primer shortage after "you know who" was elected. I had a chance to buy Wolf Pimers and later Tula primers not only in quantity, but at prices around half what the LGS was selling primers for.

I bought a total of 4 cases, two small rifle, two large rifle, 20k in total. I merely re-worked my loads around these primers. Funny thing, the re-worked loads yielded single digit SD/ES with those "cheap" primers. I now try to keep at least 5K of each (one case) on hand at all times. When all my other brands are shot up, Wolf/Tula for me and will buy in case lots to make sure supply is never an issue.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by deadshot2 View Post
    This was especially true during the great primer shortage after "you know who" was elected. I had a chance to buy Wolf Pimers and later Tula primers not only in quantity, but at prices around half what the LGS was selling primers for.

I bought a total of 4 cases, two small rifle, two large rifle, 20k in total. I merely re-worked my loads around these primers. Funny thing, the re-worked loads yielded single digit SD/ES with those "cheap" primers. I now try to keep at least 5K of each (one case) on hand at all times. When all my other brands are shot up, Wolf/Tula for me and will buy in case lots to make sure supply is never an issue.
    That is a lesson I learned. Being on an outer island, in a kommunist controlled suburb of Hollyweird, even when available the choices for primers and powder are limited due to the "by boat" shipping restrictions.
    Hidden Content

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

Who would be Free; Themselves must strike the blow.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Ads