Where to buy? - Page 2

Where to buy?

This is a discussion on Where to buy? within the Reloading forums, part of the Sniping Related category; They also won't sell to CA residents just because its CA. They are not a company with interest of protecting and helping the very industry ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Where to buy?

They also won't sell to CA residents just because its CA. They are not a company with interest of protecting and helping the very industry they sell to.
    Ragnarnar likes this.
    -I redefined trust between my wife and I. I bought her a gun, taught her to shoot, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Olmott View Post
    Please elaborate. They have treated me well but I may re-evaluate after hearing your experience.
    What NorCal said
    And
    They "Suspended GUN sales to evaluate their policy" following Sandy Hook.
    99 dollar P mags (Its a free market, sell for what you want)
    1,500 dollars for 5000 .22 Lr (again^^^)

They've made some decisions that I feel are counter to the interests of gun owners, at a time when we, as gun owners, should be coming together.

To be clear, my decision to avoid them is about their policy, not about prices. Its a free market

Heres a link to the source of these pictures.

Cheaper Than Dirt Rating | Second Amendment Check

Last edited by Ragnarnar; 02-03-2016 at 11:19 AM.
    <2>
    RLTW

Screw that! I say boycott!

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Good gawd, that's some serious gouging! I wonder if they sleep at night.
    They are run by foreigners... obviously they sleep fine when profiting from Americans.

80% of my reloading equipment/tool needs are now filled by Brownell's/Sinclair (placing another order today). I tend to buy the "Top End" products rather than what you find on the shelf at places like Cabela's, etc. Amazon often has what I want too but in some cases you never know where it's really going to be shipped from or when.

Another good source for reloading equipment is Optic's Planet.

I've given up on purchasing anything from Midway. Too many backorders that didn't get shipped when they indicated. Also, Midway will nick you for two hazmat fees if you order powder and primers from them. THEY can't ship both in the same container due to how their distribution system is set up. Everyone else can fill the hazmat box with both primers and powder until it hits max weight. For those items I use Powder Valley. Great service and good prices. Also, NO GOUGING when product is short. For that you have to go to Bruno's

I like Precision Reloading, and then Brownells/Sinclair. Midway is third.

There are some in this thread I've used a little bit, Grafs, and Powder Valley.
    Joseph "Rhyno"

Please elaborate. They have treated me well but I may re-evaluate after hearing your experience.
    My one and only experience with CTD was enough. I placed an order and started receiving it piecemeal. Separate shipping charge for each. After 4 boxes on 4 different days, all ordered on the same order number, all with new shipping charges I just said #$%& 'em.

As for their other policies and political views, no matter to me. I've "Lost Their Number".

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarnar View Post
    +1 on powder valley and brownells

Get the "brownells edge" membership. It's like AmazonPrime for brownells. Free Shipping
    Whenever I want to test something out, or think of something last minute, I use them. For 50 bucks its already paid for itself 3 times over since November (By saving me 12 bucks or so on each order in shipping)

I do wish brownells would keep things in stock the way midway does though.

FWIW I don't buy from Cheaper than dirt any more. They made some decisions late 2012 that irked me as a gun owner and consumer, and as such they lost my business.

If I get the Brownells edge membership will I still have to pay the hazmat fee for powder and primers? I'm looking to get CCI BR2 primers but no one has them local. Which brings me to my next question... if I can't be ahold of the BR2s is there another primer you guys would recommend? I've just been using Remington 9 1/2s because they seem to be readily available.
    Last edited by Cadkins5; 02-05-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadkins5 View Post
    If I get the Brownells edge membership will I still have to pay the hazmat fee for powder and primers? I'm looking to get CCI BR2 primers but no one has them local. Which brings me to my next question... if I can't be ahold of the BR2s is there another primer you guys would recommend? I've just been using Remington 9 1/2s because they seem to be readily available.
    To my knowledge, yes there is a separate fee for hazmat each time, just no shipping. Don't quote me on that however, as Ive never purchased anything hazmat from them.
    I get my powder locally or buy online from powder valley. Even after hazmat, powder valley is still cheaper than the cost of the powder BEFORE shipping and hazmat.

As to the primers, I just dealt with this issue too. I was using BR 4s in my 223, and getting decent results. You can read about it in my "reducing Es and sd" thread here https://www.sniperforums.com/forum/re...ing-sd-es.html
    I switched to CCI no450s and saw a pretty good reduction in my Es and Sd.
    The reason being is that BR-whatever's are match primers, and they dont throw as big of a spark, causing uneven ignition of my charge.

Using 7-1/2s would probably have helped just as much.
    It depends on the powder you're using too. My powder was a low fill ball powder so it takes more to ignite it vs a extruded rod type powder.

Why do you want BR 2s? 9-1/2s are half the price and in my experience work as well

Also this.
    http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/1...rimers-powder/
    Last edited by Ragnarnar; 02-05-2016 at 04:02 PM.
    <2>
    RLTW

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarnar View Post
    To my knowledge, yes there is a separate fee for hazmat each time, just no shipping. Don't quote me on that however, as Ive never purchased anything hazmat from them.
    I get my powder locally or buy online from powder valley. Even after hazmat, powder valley is still cheaper than the cost of the powder BEFORE shipping and hazmat.

As to the primers, I just dealt with this issue too. I was using BR 4s in my 223, and getting decent results. You can read about it in my "reducing Es and sd" thread here https://www.sniperforums.com/forum/re...ing-sd-es.html
    I switched to CCI no450s and saw a pretty good reduction in my Es and Sd.
    The reason being is that BR-whatever's are match primers, and they dont throw as big of a spark, causing uneven ignition of my charge.

Using 7-1/2s would probably have helped just as much.
    It depends on the powder you're using too. My powder was a low fill ball powder so it takes more to ignite it vs a extruded rod type powder.

Why do you want BR 2s? 9-1/2s are half the price and in my experience work as well

Also this.
    Top Bullets, Brass, Primers & Powder - What The Pros Use - PrecisionRifleBlog.com

I found that the Wolf/Tula primers are every bit as good as the "BR's" from CCI. I have achieved single digit SD/ES numbers using these.

I also have watched what local Benchrest Shooters are using for primers. Funny thing is that the only ones using BR-x primers are the non-competitors. The competitors use standard Federals or CCI Magnum primers almost exclusively. Just plain primers, not the super expensive BR's. I have some BR-2 and BR-4's left over from the days when they didn't cost as much as a car payment. Other than the fact they all had a nicer coating on the anvil side, nothing special. Same performance as the Standard's.
    Ragnarnar likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ads