Newbie reloading

Newbie reloading

This is a discussion on Newbie reloading within the Reloading forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I’m looking for advice on what setup I should get to reload one bullet at a time 6.5 creedmoor,I have never reloaded and want to ...

Newbie reloading

I’m looking for advice on what setup I should get to reload one bullet at a time 6.5 creedmoor,I have never reloaded and want to start out simple until I learn. Any suggestions on what setup would be good for me. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder14 View Post
    I’m looking for advice on what setup I should get to reload one bullet at a time 6.5 creedmoor,I have never reloaded and want to start out simple until I learn. Any suggestions on what setup would be good for me. Thank you
    For singled bullet at a time, my set up is an RCBS press, RCBS dies and shell holders, an RCBS powder thrower, (manual type), a small digital scale to measure the charge you throw to confirm weight, just to name a few of the critical things. Of course, you can buy manuals or download data from the powder or bullet manufacturers. Get a solid understanding of the way your press works, how to prep cases, such as trim, debur, chamfer, polish, etc.

Many manufacturers offer packages that have all the essentials, Hornady, Lee, Dillon, RCBS.

There are a ton of youtube videos on how reload and some are very well done. The more you watch the more you'll learn what "sounds" right and what could potentially be dangerous.

And join forums to ask a lot of questions. There will always be knowledgeable answers. When you do ask questions, make sure you offer as much information as to what the problem is up front, so the answers will be more specific.

good luck!

This would get you started in the right direction.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/93...tage-press-kit

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I have yet to see a kit that does everything really well. I started with a Lee Handloader which comes in handy as a portable unit.

I have Forster coax press and Forster and Lee Dies and a RCBS bar scale and a RCBS Chargemaster I use as a powder through and I use their RCBS primer tool.

I have Wilson Sinclair Case Trimmer, RCBS deburring tool, 2 RCBS dial micrometers and one Mitutoyo digital micrometer that I like.

I have multiple micrometers because I leave them set up with the Hornady bullet comparator or headspace comparators to measure Base to Ogive, Headspace, and other miscellaneous measurements. I have dies that I purchase and leave set up for just one rifle rather than re adjust for a different rifle of the same caliber. I'm getting lazy in my old age. I have a Reading powder trickler that works better than I thought it would.

Ads