Magnetospeed V3 w/ MK Machining Gen III Mount

This is a discussion on Magnetospeed V3 w/ MK Machining Gen III Mount within the Reloading forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I just setup my new Magnetospeed V3 and MK Machining Gen III mount combo on my LWRC M6A3. No disturbing the barrel harmonics with this ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ddd oo7

Thread: Magnetospeed V3 w/ MK Machining Gen III Mount

I just setup my new Magnetospeed V3 and MK Machining Gen III mount combo on my LWRC M6A3. No disturbing the barrel harmonics with this setup vs the standard mount method. I hope to get to the range tomorrow or Friday and test it out.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
    I just setup my new Magnetospeed V3 and MK Machining Gen III mount combo on my LWRC M6A3. No disturbing the barrel harmonics with this setup vs the standard mount method. I hope to get to the range tomorrow or Friday and test it out.

Tim
    I attach my bayonet to my can and I don't get a change in POI with or without bayonet attached.

I've gone out a couple of times with the Magnetospeed V3 and I have zero complaints. I do not know if my AR would experience any POI shift or not had I mounted to the suppressor but being able to turn one allen screw and install/remove with repeatable alignment is worth the cost of the MK Machining piece to me. I couldn't go back to my CED M2 after using this.

Tim

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I've attached my Magnetospeed V3 to my 26" Krieger .308 barrel (with break) and get a POI vertical shift at 3 MOA. And though I get that vertical shift, I still get good groups (like .320 - .425") as I do when it's not mounted on the barrel.

When I had the shorter factory barrel on my RPR, I had a mount for my Magnetospeed that attached to the hand guard so that there'd be no POI shift.

I thought about it, too. The mounting thing. Then I sold the V3 and replaced it with LabRadar. I am soooooooooooooooooo happy that I spent little extra. No more fussing around mounting it and verifying it. No more reconfirming the POI.

But, I have to say. V3 has served me good.
    Hidden Content

The men who wrote the 2nd Amendment hadn't just finished a hunting trip.

They had just liberated a nation.

Part of the issue with hanging it on the barrel is that it changes the harmonics of the barrel. POI is not a big deal, but load development is not going to be accurate with a weight hanging on the end of the barrel.
    gpark09 likes this.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ddd oo7 View Post
    Part of the issue with hanging it on the barrel is that it changes the harmonics of the barrel. POI is not a big deal, but load development is not going to be accurate with a weight hanging on the end of the barrel.
    Hmmmm??? Many shooters say you don't need a chronograph at all to do good load development, huh???

I follow Orkan’s outlined method of load development. He recommends verifying speed either only after load development, or verify speed with a few pieces of brass 1/2 grain apart until pressure is seen. Then do load development without chrono and verify speed on chosen load. Works well.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

Ads