RPR .308 loading. - Page 2

RPR .308 loading.

This is a discussion on RPR .308 loading. within the Reloading forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Thanks everyone. This has been very enlightening. Hopefully all of my equipment will be in within the next week and I can get started. One ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: RPR .308 loading.

Thanks everyone. This has been very enlightening. Hopefully all of my equipment will be in within the next week and I can get started. One one question, does anyone crimp their rounds? I've been hearing very mixed opinions on this. It seems like is a good think for the 9mm and the .223 but wasn't sure about the .308.

Quote Originally Posted by GLT86 View Post
    Thanks everyone. This has been very enlightening. Hopefully all of my equipment will be in within the next week and I can get started. One one question, does anyone crimp their rounds? I've been hearing very mixed opinions on this. It seems like is a good think for the 9mm and the .223 but wasn't sure about the .308.
    For a bolt gun, I wouldn't bother.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GLT86 View Post
    One one question, does anyone crimp their rounds? I've been hearing very mixed opinions on this. It seems like is a good think for the 9mm and the .223 but wasn't sure about the .308.
    Nope. . . no crimping for my .308, for several reasons beside just not being necessary.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Well if you read Leeís reloading manual, they tend to strongly recommend crimping for rifle rounds. Iíve gotten good results without crimping. Iíll start crimping if I ever start reloading for my ARís.

GLT86 yes I crimp all my rifle rounds, and hereís Why 1, anytime a round is hitting a feed ramp going into the chamber no matter if itís a semi auto or a bolt gun there is good chance of bullet set back further into the case. 2, A good crimp (Not Excessive to the point it leaves imprints on the bullet) will aid in the complete burning of the powder by holding the bullet in place until the gas pressure reaches the max . 3, All the factory ammunition that Iíve bought over the years have all been crimped.
    Last edited by hard nose street cop; 12-18-2019 at 10:30 AM.

What twist is the ruger 308

Edit to add. I have not crimped 308 rounds in 40 years
    Last edited by 10wt308; 01-21-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 10wt308 View Post
    What twist is the ruger 308

Edit to add. I have not crimped 308 rounds in 40 years
    Who's Ruger .308 are you referring to?

Mine, an RPR, is 10:1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads