Powder sources

Powder sources

This is a discussion on Powder sources within the Reloading forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Where is everyone getting their powder from? Locally our stores are low on about everything. I am specifically looking for H1000 and Retumbo and havent ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powder sources

Powder sources

Where is everyone getting their powder from? Locally our stores are low on about everything. I am specifically looking for H1000 and Retumbo and havent seen it for months. Any leads?

I have a local source for hard to find powders. I have bought them out of H1000. Last time I was in the shop, they had plenty of Retumbo....probably 8 or 10 1lb bottles. They do not sell 8lb jugs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Bret Lawson

I am down to my last 2 pounds of H1000 and only have 1 pound of Retumbo. Getting kind of desperate around here and no one online that I have found has either in stock.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Thanks I will keep them in mind in the future but they are out of everything I need though.

Well speaking for myself, I got a 300 NM and once I found out it liked Retumbo, I bought 16 lbs so that I would have plenty of powder of the same lot. I bought 1000 berger 230's , and 1000 Federal magnum primers for the same shooter. That's just my way of cutting down on the potential effects of component lot variations. I usually buy enough brass to shoot out the barrels for each rifle that reload for. Once I get a recipe a shooter likes, I buy in bulk. Once I open the last 8lb jug I order another if my round count on that shooter suggests that makes sense.

I would but I cant afford to buy 8 lbs at a time.

I know you said you can't afford an 8lb jug right now, but buying online, bulk is the way to go because you have to pay for shipping and a hazmat fee. Unless you catch brownells or midway on a no hazmat fee special.

Anyway, Lohmanarms.com has both1lb and 8lb jugs of H1000 in stock as I'm writing this.

Where do you live? In michigan I go to Jay's sporting goods, they have an awesome selection.

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneKM View Post
    I know you said you can't afford an 8lb jug right now, but buying online, bulk is the way to go because you have to pay for shipping and a hazmat fee. Unless you catch brownells or midway on a no hazmat fee special.

Anyway, Lohmanarms.com has both1lb and 8lb jugs of H1000 in stock as I'm writing this.
    Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by digger300; 01-29-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads