.308 brass selection

.308 brass selection

This is a discussion on .308 brass selection within the Reloading forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I have a Ruger percision in .308. I have decided to go with the lapua brass but there are two options, small rifle and large ...

.308 brass selection

I have a Ruger percision in .308. I have decided to go with the lapua brass but there are two options, small rifle and large rifle primers. Is there a performance difference between the two and what ones should I get? I've look online for and answer but I could find a clear one. Thank you all in advance.

The Palma brasses with small flash hole is for those guys who tweeks around a lot with their charges for better controlled burn. They are believed to be stronger cases but not really proven. However, there's little chance of complication like hang fires with some powder and so on.

Most of reloader I know, including myself, just keep it simple and go with regular larger one. I don't think it worth that much of hassles.
    Hidden Content

The men who wrote the 2nd Amendment hadn't just finished a hunting trip.

They had just liberated a nation.

GLT86 Lapua makes some great brass, and a lot of shooters use them, but here’s my take on them. Their brass is costly, more than say LC, Win, Rem, FED. Starline. Depending on your volume and type of reloading and to keep your overhead down, you may want to consider other options in your brass selection.

Ads