TUBB 2000 Vs. H.S Precision...etc

This is a discussion on TUBB 2000 Vs. H.S Precision...etc within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I know the forums here mainly focus on real world shooting / Tactical / Sniper rifles, but there are lot of experienced shooters here who ...

I know the forums here mainly focus on real world shooting / Tactical / Sniper rifles, but there are lot of experienced shooters here who have shot a lot of rifles. Has anyone shot a TUBB 2000, and if so, what do you think.

I have been looking at purchasing a rifle for multi purpose / silhouette shooting out to 1000 Yards. The T 2000 has won more events at Camp Perry since its inception that any other Rifle. I can't help but think that it must be pretty darn accurate.

There is no question that rifles from HS Precision , T-O and others will easily shoot sub .5MOA or much better. How does the TUBB compare to these other High end Tactical Rifles?

I’m not going to be shooting at targets that will be shooting back at me, so its not important that I kill something with one shot. Its more important that i just hit my target. The claim from TUBB is that their proprietary ammo 6mm XC is far more accurate at 1000 yards than 308 or 300WM.

That being said, i imagine that a sniper would feel far more comfortable shooting something with a 168grain .30 cal Grain bullet as opposed to a 107grain .243 grain bullet.

I wonder if the success of the TUBB gun comes from more accurate ammo as opposed to a more accurate Rifle. If I slapped a 308 barrel on the TUBB, would it shoot as well as a HS or T-O 308? If anyone has had any experience with a TUBB, please let me know?

If you are going to shoot at 1000 yards, don't use a .308. If it was the best round for that then the long shooters would be using it, and they dont.

Tubb knows what he is talking about and has the winnings to prove it. When he shows up to a match everyone else fights for second place. His 6mm is an exellant long range cartrage, but there are others as well. Many people use the 6.5x284 since the heavt 6.5 really hols its velocity at long range. There are other choices as well. Is Tubb making money off of his ammo and gear? yes, but he has used it himself and knows what he is talking about. Now the real question you should be asking is are YOU skilled enough to use this gear to its full potental.
    John

1.Humans are more important than Hardware.

2.Quality is better than Quantity.

3.Special Operations Forces cannot be mass produced.

4.Competent Special Operations Forces cannot be created after emergencies occur.

A friendly reminder .22, this is a sniper based site.

A question or two outside of the sniper bounds is fine but, let's not make a habit of it.

There are many benchrest and 1,000 yard target sites around for these types of questions.

Not trying to grab you by the short hairs, just making mention.

-snowy
    "Veritas Lux Mea"

Certified Super Civvie

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

22LR
    I shoot F class with a guy who uses a Tubb in .308
    It shoots better than him, that's for sure.
    I'm a big fan of the .308, but if Mr Tubb recommends the 6XC for 1000yards and 1000yards is what you wish to shoot, then listen to the man.
    Snowy
    I get where you're coming from.
    I have posted my fair share of annoying target shooting questions on this site and have received good feedback.
    Please understand, that there are a lot more target shooters/wannabe snipers than real snipers and if you had a look at some of the other (benchrest) forums, you'll understand why we come here for advice.
    I think all benchrest/target riflemen have great respect for the "real" snipers out there.

I say www.6mmbr.com for benchrest technical advice & right here at SC for a forum to be enjoyed.

I've got nothing against target shooters. There is a degree of over lap in subject matter between snipers and target shooters and target shooters have aided advancements in sniper technology.

As a worker bee around here it is my job to try to get folks to generally frame their posts to the theme of the site. I'm not crazy, I know there will be plenty of "non-sniper" chatter over the wire.

It just never hurts to remember where we are and what SC is for.

Anyway, back on topic.

-snowy
    "Veritas Lux Mea"

Certified Super Civvie

I was lucky to shoot one of the Tactical Models of this rifle.

It was in the 6mm caliber with the Tubb ammo. I agree no one in industry makes better ammo than Tubb's does. Was shooting with David and the rifle and ammo are capable of hitting staples at 100 yards. I mean we shot the staples in the targets at 100 yards. Its like a bench rest rifle

I have shot the Tubb ammoo in 6mm and 308. It rocks and if I had loads of money I would have loads of that ammo.

I have shot the HS Precision rifles they can not compete for accuracy with Tubbs or many other custom rifles. They are very good ffor a factory but a notch down from the hand built rifles most of us love.

The Tubb rifle does not feel great to me for field use as a sniper. It would take some getting used to as I ahve too many years with conventional style rifles to feel sonfortable with the space gun stuff. Me not the rifle.

I have been toying with use of the Tubb rifle as my Long range F Class rifle. I love how easy it is to change bbls and claibers. Trigger is better than anything ese out there and accuracy is tops.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMiller
    I was lucky to shoot one of the Tactical Models of this rifle.
    Mike,

Did the rifle have the DTAC Schmidt Bender on it?

mjones
    TAC OPS Tango 51 20" LH, NXS 3.5-15, Tac Ops 30 can
    Savage 10FLP 223 20", McMillan, Leupold 4-12 Mil dot, GemTech M4-02
    Rem 700 LH VS 308 20" threaded, Mark4 mounts & 4.5-14 Illum Mil dot, 2.25# tuned trigger

Yes it did have the DTAC SxB. That scope rocks! I am waiting for a 308 version in a less expensive line. I bought the 6mm SxB version and it tracks my 139s froma 260 fairly close but I really want a 308 version as most of my shooting is with 308.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMiller
    Yes it did have the DTAC SxB. That scope rocks! I am waiting for a 308 version in a less expensive line. I bought the 6mm SxB version and it tracks my 139s froma 260 fairly close but I really want a 308 version as most of my shooting is with 308.
    +1 to that. I would like to have one in 308 as well. A Nightforce or Leupy would suit me fine. Do you know what other scope lines are in the works? The S&B is a little too pricey.
    TAC OPS Tango 51 20" LH, NXS 3.5-15, Tac Ops 30 can
    Savage 10FLP 223 20", McMillan, Leupold 4-12 Mil dot, GemTech M4-02
    Rem 700 LH VS 308 20" threaded, Mark4 mounts & 4.5-14 Illum Mil dot, 2.25# tuned trigger

Not 100% certain. I think the lower priced SxBs for sure (the hunting models since you dont need the adjustment rnage of a PII for the reticle use). There was another one at lower price point talked about but I think that fell through crack awhile back

Ads