Can for my LTR

Can for my LTR

This is a discussion on Can for my LTR within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Im thinking about getting a can for my LTR it has 200 rds down the tube should I get another barrel and get it threaded ...

Thread: Can for my LTR

Can for my LTR

Im thinking about getting a can for my LTR it has 200 rds down the tube should I get another barrel and get it threaded or have the factory one done,What thread size should I get maybe 5/16x24tpi?

sorry about the tread size shoulda been 5/8x24tpi

Re: Can for my LTR

Quote Originally Posted by private pyle
    Im thinking about getting a can for my LTR it has 200 rds down the tube should I get another barrel and get it threaded or have the factory one done,What thread size should I get maybe 5/16x24tpi?
    I would buy a new barrel and get it threaded to whatever thread your suppressor is going to use. Different manufacters use different thread patterns so figure out who you are going get the can from first.
    Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you.

Sum dominus fati: sed sum princeps meae.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

With a VC barrel I would go with the 9 1/6 by 24 class IIIA , the 5/8 by 24 would make the can have less shoulder contact with that barrel... The bigger thread ( 5/8 ) is not always better some think so. For me I would desire more shoulder service contact then a bigger thread unless maybe you had a HB on your rifle instead of the factory. If you would like call me I would be happy to speak with you.... 310-275-8797

Mike
    Tac Ops
    "Every Great Warrior deserves a Great Death"

I concur with Mike R. on this one. When choosing a thread size, it is critical that you have enough strength in the threads to handle the load, and just as critical that you get enough shoulder to keep the suppressor under control when the barrel vibrates.

The 5/8 thread is not always superior.

It depends on the diameter of the barrel at the muzzle. The larger the barrel the larger the thread that you can use. If your barrel is under .760" at the muzzle, you better not put a 5/8 or bigger thread on it.

The one size fits all suppressor guys are clueless. I would recommend talking to Mike R. or whoever is doing your suppressor and get the thread that matches the barrel diameter you want to use. In other words fit the suppressor threads to the barrel, not the other way around. I am sure Mike can cut any thread you wish or may need.

Since the barrel has to come off (threading) would it be better in the long to go ahead and upgrade to a new-better barrel?Kreiger?

I concur with Mike R. on this one. When choosing a thread size, it is critical that you have enough strength in the threads to handle the load, and just as critical that you get enough shoulder to keep the suppressor under control when the barrel vibrates.

The 5/8 thread is not always superior.

It depends on the diameter of the barrel at the muzzle. The larger the barrel the larger the thread that you can use. If your barrel is under .760" at the muzzle, you better not put a 5/8 or bigger thread on it.

The one size fits all suppressor guys are clueless. I would recommend talking to Mike R. or whoever is doing your suppressor and get the thread that matches the barrel diameter you want to use. In other words fit the suppressor threads to the barrel, not the other way around. I am sure Mike can cut any thread you wish or may need.

Thank you Sam (S1) its nice to see a True Master Smith agree with me, as you know at times its hard for me to even change a tire on a car . :wink:

Since the barrel has to come off (threading) would it be better in the long to go ahead and upgrade to a new-better barrel?Kreiger?
    PP Who stated to you that your barrel had to be removed in order to T&P it for a can? :shock: Let’s talk or go to PM’s 310-275-8797 I am up till 2:00 am PST tonight feel free to call anytime...

Mike
    Tac Ops
    "Every Great Warrior deserves a Great Death"

200 rounds is not many. If the barrel shoots good, it will shoot better once the can is installed. Ask Mike to recrown it when the barrel gets threaded.

If the barrel does not meet your accuracy requirements, have Mike install one that does.

Ads