AR-15s... with pistol grips and mags ... in California! - Page 2

AR-15s... with pistol grips and mags ... in California!

This is a discussion on AR-15s... with pistol grips and mags ... in California! within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by 30 06 sniper go to calguns.net they'll help you with any california legal ak's,ar15s and many more +1 on that - as ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 06 sniper
    go to calguns.net they'll help you with any california legal ak's,ar15s and many more
    +1 on that - as it's a good resource. I also post on that forum as "Slick" (but not as much as here & others)...
    Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 06 sniper
    go to calguns.net they'll help you with any california legal ak's,ar15s and many more
    +1 on that - as it's a good resource. I also post on that forum as "Slick" (but not as much as here & others)...
    I am moulton over there as well

i go by the same user name

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

To correct myself, due to the complications 10 round magazines only (not even prebans) to keep these setups legal.

Now that some receivers are legal and others are not it's only a matter of time until a free market trial comes to play, as DPMS and Bushmaster can't sell in CA, but HS and Stag can (not a fair market...), and as mentioned above, there will be no new bans.

Hopefully, American economic values can overpower those of the silly gun legislation of our state. Next we have to figure out the .50 Cal ban. (How many violent crimes committed with a .50BMG in California? Hah...)

I should have two lowers in the next two or three weeks. Cheers.

PS- Calguns is great, as is AR-15.com, keep it up S1!
    "All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
    Sir Winston Churchill

i took off the release that made it a colapseable stock, and use the 10 rd mags, and the monster man grip, but the pick was a lil before a cuople ca mods

Yeah, I'm currently doing my 10 day wait on two stripped lowers (Stag) and have about 40 boxes arriving at my house over the next few days... Ill post pics as everything comes together. Cheers.
    "All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
    Sir Winston Churchill

BTW in case you're all interested. Here's a link to the product's info (Bullet Button or Prince-50)

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/show ... hp?t=46802

Cheers all!

PS - As a reminder while not APPROVED by the DOJ, the friend who works FOR the DOJ has mentioned it does, in fact, act as a wonderfully clean loophole for us shooters.
    Sir Winston Churchill

I think I will stay in PA. I can own Class 3 anything as long as I pay the $200 tax stamp. Suppersors, MGs, etc.
    TAC OPS Tango 51 20" LH, NXS 3.5-15, Tac Ops 30 can
    Savage 10FLP 223 20", McMillan, Leupold 4-12 Mil dot, GemTech M4-02
    Rem 700 LH VS 308 20" threaded, Mark4 mounts & 4.5-14 Illum Mil dot, 2.25# tuned trigger

better off with an M1

If you want to be legal, you're better of with an M1 with 8 round clips that are quickly reloaded than a fixed box 10 round 223. Buy a M1 and several thousand rounds of 30-06 from the CMP for cheap and you will be much better armed (until California decides to not allow you to have a M1 or more than 10 or 20 rounds in your posession.) For close range home defense how bout a 12 guage and a pistol?

Everyone in America (especially Californians) should work to repeal this foul law. "Arnie" should do more than pass a law forbidding alteration to the list. California has lost more ground on gun rights than most of the country.

One friend in the DOJ is not enough to save you. A jury of your peers will decide if the "difficult to use mag release button" complies with the law. The DA or AG could argue that possesion of 30 round magazines and a modified "compliant" rifle constitutes an assault rifle. (Just the same as a fully automatic trigger group for an M16 is perfectly legal to posess by itself, it is illegal to have both the trigger group and an AR15 ***even when not assembled***.

But again, although I love the AR15, it's very core, it's very purpose is virtually eliminated with a fixed box 10 round magazine. You better own 2 or 3 so your can "reload" in a hurry.
    Hawk

My solution is to let the Chinese have California. It's going to break off and sink into the ocean anyway. That way we don't have to worry about the tree hugging hippies (I type that with love :lol: ) infecting the other 49 states with useless and ineffective gun control legislation.

As for the .50cal ban, they didn't do anything to stop the .417 cheytac, or any of the .50 wildcats that are out there. If you neck up a .50 BMG case, or stretch or shrink it, and call it something else, it's not banned. Such strange logic to their bans. However I was happy to see that Barrett refuses to service even the governments of CA's rifles since they banned them. Way to give 'em the bird! I can't wait 'till the day I can own a .50. That's the only rifle i'll hunt in Africa with, cause i'm too chicken to get close to a cape buffalo.

Branden
    Once you go FDAC, you'll never go back!

-Me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads