Same old beginner rifle question, with a small twist

This is a discussion on Same old beginner rifle question, with a small twist within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hi all, Right, this is a little different from your average “What am best gunâ€...

Hi all,

Right, this is a little different from your average “What am best gunâ€

Sounds to me like you should go with the savage since they're (A) affordable, and (B) easy to replace the barrel without having to send it to a gunsmith. Get a good stock for it, and you'll be good to go! Oh yeah - (C) they've very accurate out of the box.

Welcome!! This site is superb, but as you know the UK is a bit different...and it will affect your gun choice. The type of shooting over here is different, so what might be good for out American brothers, might not be so good for you.

Be careful about the .308's

There are current talks about the muzzle velocities and the useage on various ex-MoD ranges.

Are you a member of the NRA yet?

Where are you based?

There are plenty of guns on Guntrader.co.uk - new and second hand. I found a good barrel Lee Enfield Envoy for ÂŁ150.

4 months of .22 shooting isn't going to have given you all than much experience (it's a UK thing) - I'm not trying to put you off, but I would save a bit more and get to grips with your .22 - trust me (I am a UK shooter).

You'll probably have a bit of a wait until you get your ticket through if you've only been shooting for 4 months. If your club has been operating correctly, then that's generally 3 months probation and 6 months before you can buy your first firearm.

I'm Hampshire - Farnborough - PM me if you want to talk.

The other thing I would suggest is to get yourself down to the NRA open day and try a load of rifles out (it's also good fun!) You might find you'd prefer an AR to a Rem700...or a PH target rifle kitted for F class.
    - - - A good rifleman understands the importance of the .22LR - - -
    Hidden Content

Ads