The M24A2 is coming

The M24A2 is coming

This is a discussion on The M24A2 is coming within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; The boys at Remington's military products division are at it again. They're working on the M24A2, and a finished one was at the 2005 shot ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The M24A2 is coming

The boys at Remington's military products division are at it again.

They're working on the M24A2, and a finished one was at the 2005 shot show.

I was also blown away to discover that Remington is also working on a .308 AR for the military! Again, they had a finished example at SHOT 2005.

Follow the link, press next until you get to pics number 4 and 5, and enjoy.

http://www.ar15.com/content/articles/shot/2005/
    Bead Drawer

Kaz

Let's see... box feed, no irons?, adjustable cheekpeice, rail... I think I like it...

HOWLY SHIT... THATS SO BADASS..... i like those rifles...and theyare silenced too :shock: 8)

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

AK
    That MPD 308 looks a lot like an SR-25.

But if it's indicative of a return to a higher calibre in the line-infantryman's weapon, even if it's only available to a particular set of troops (Say Special Forces) it'll be more effective than the 5.56x45mm currently chambered in all issue Colts.

Problem with the 5.56x45mm and 5.45x39mm is that they always enjoy being deflected by little twigs and whatnot when you're taking someone down. 7.62x39mm and 7.62x51mm have never had this problem. Oh how I long for the return of the C1A1 and teaching our troops to shoot rather than "Point in general direction of."

Yeah, the old C1 was a real weapon as was the M14...I like the heavier 6.8 SPC idea too, at least controllable auto fire can be given. From what I have seen of 7.62x39 so far I like that too...I'm not too sure on the terminal performance of the FMJ as I haven't and won't shoot anything living with it, but it seems to hit things with some power.

Nothing will ever suppress a bad guy better than a shot in the noggin anyway

Back on topic, they sure did dress up that rifle eh? I wonder if it picks up instant text messages by SMS?

Mag looks very PH

I am dyslexia of Borg, futility is resistant, your &#* will be laminated.

The People's Moderator!

Hidden Content

Sponsors
    I must say, they are looking pretty good. The M24A2 has the adjustable cheek piece which it DESPERATELY needed, the threading for a suppressor is nice also. The DM? Well, you know, as long as its super reliable, then yeah, its a good thing too.

Now, the real question is:
    Did remington develop it to try and sell it to the army, or did the Army tell remington to develop it? I would like to see these soon rather than later. I would suspect they will start a refurb program to slowly redo the existing M24's

MEL

Thanks for the pics!!

Besides the new M24A2, the .308 AR, the NF 1-4x24mm scope caught my eye.
    Anyone here had a chance to look at one?
    You just picked up a hitcher...a prisoner of the white lines on the free way.

Looks like Remington has a pretty nice new rifle for the US Army... im not a huge fan of the M-24 SWS... but it does the job. Hopefully the new M-24A2 is better. And as for the "new" .308 MPD... its pretty much just an idea borrowed from several other companies who have been building custom .308 AR's for the US Military for many years... like the Knights SR-25 and Armalite AR-10's that are starting to see some service. Bushmaster has been doing demonstrations with there .308 AR's for a half a year or so with the DOD. And these specialized AR's anrt anything new for the US Military. The US Marines have been fielding what we call the SPR-4 and the SPR-16 for over 8 years now. And i know the US Army sniper teams use .308 AR's and M-14's / M-21's for there spotters as well. The .308 MPD looks like it has a pretty nice barrel though... id love to check one out in person, see how she shoots. You can check out Remingtons Military Firearms sales at www.RemingtonMilitary.com and Remingtons Law Enforcement sales at www.RemingtonLE.com Heres a pic of an SPR-16 next to an M-40A1 in Afghanistan.

that M24 is a hella nice! ... now our troops wont have to make a cheakpiece and ductape it on

SoCal down by the water & up in the high desert
    I've been very pleased to see the emergence of the .308 AR's rifles from various builders over the last few years. Very encouraging.

I always prefered the 7.62 over 5.56 x 45, just my preference. I sold my AR years ago, have a bunch of 7.62 rifles, one is a semi-auto, and after a lot of work, trial and error, a very good shooter. I still keep a Mini-14, w/ factory Ruger 20 & 30 round mag's, for pest control and varmints.

Ballistic_Coefficiency, thank you for your service! I am indebted to you, who carry out your difficult duty.
    "Shooting - the only sport endorsed by the founding Fathers - an American tradition" M14 Fred

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads