Remington 700 SPS Tactical

This is a discussion on Remington 700 SPS Tactical within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I am interested in buying an 700 sps tactical, Would this be a good rifle for long range or would the barrel be too short? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am interested in buying an 700 sps tactical, Would this be a good rifle for long range or would the barrel be too short? Is the Barska SWAT scope good for target shooting?
    one shot, one kill

Well if you haven't already read mels review you should http://www.snipercentral.com/spstactical.htm

With that being said what do you consider long range because that will give everyone a better understanding of how far you want to shoot this rifle.

Myself I just ordered one in the .223 so as soon as I get it I can let you know how it works for me
    The truth only hurts if you're ashamed of it

well what im looking at is something that would be accurate around 1000 yards
    one shot, one kill

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

well i can't help much there never shot at a 1,000 yards but they tell me a .308 which the sps tactical is made in will do it. As for the accuracy someone else is going to have to step in for that one.
    The truth only hurts if you're ashamed of it

If you are wanting accuracy out to 1000 yrds then you would not want the 20". I'm not saying that the 20" could not do it, but that a 24" or 26" would be better. Then you have to consider what ammo you will be using, what twist your barrel has, ect. Question... Have you ever tried shooting at a target 1000 yrds away? I haven't, but I would like to be able to say that one day. But for now I am starting small. I want to be able to shoot .5 MOA at 100 yrds. Then I will move out to 200, then 300. My goal is to be accurate out to at least 500 yrds with the rifle I just got before I even think about trying to find a 1000 yard range to shoot at. Once I get that good then I may have to start saving up for the New Infidel... :wink:

i have hit a target out at 1000 yards but it was with my dads rifle. he used to be a sniper and he showed me all of the calculations. windage,elevation,ballistic coefficient,barometric pressure,coriolis effect,all of that good stuff. but now im interested in buying my own and am confused on what to get.
    one shot, one kill

Quote Originally Posted by bigbones101
    i have hit a target out at 1000 yards but it was with my dads rifle. he used to be a sniper and he showed me all of the calculations. windage,elevation,ballistic coefficient,barometric pressure,coriolis effect,all of that good stuff. but now im interested in buying my own and am confused on what to get.
    If your dad was a Sniper then why not ask for his input? If he has taught you all of the things you just talked about get him to help you pick the rifle. :roll:
    JOEY

SC Member #2507
    SASS#84934

Bill Of Rights Supporter

i have hit a target out at 1000 yards but it was with my dads rifle. .......... im interested in buying my own and am confused on what to get.
    Well if you already have hit a 1000 yrd target with a specific rifle, then get one exactly like your dad's. Then you can be sure you're getting sound advice. Or.... Just save up and buy the Infidel.... :wink:

im planning on getting one like him but i was thinking on settling for the lower budget stuff. well thanks for your help. i'll probably have my dad come with me to get a rifle.
    one shot, one kill

im planning on getting one like him but i was thinking on settling for the lower budget stuff. well thanks for your help. i'll probably have my dad come with me to get a rifle.

Sounds like a good idea......also be a good time to bond with your father. No one here minds helping here but it would see if your dad is/was a sniper then he would be able to give you loads of insight.
    JOEY

SC Member #2507
    SASS#84934

Bill Of Rights Supporter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads