Good deal on a 700 LTR?

Good deal on a 700 LTR?

This is a discussion on Good deal on a 700 LTR? within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; The gun store has a brand new 700 LTR .308 that they're asking 1k for. I'm considering going down there today and trading my XD45 ...

Good deal on a 700 LTR?

The gun store has a brand new 700 LTR .308 that they're asking 1k for. I'm considering going down there today and trading my XD45 and SKS towards it, then paying cash to make up the rest. Is a grand a fair price for this gun, NIB, and would you consider that a smart trade? If I do it, I'm doing it today, so your quick responses are definitely appreciated. Thanks!

John

I was just looking in the member quote system and saw that the regular price is 919.00 and the member price is a bit less. After adding overnight shipping and FFL fees, this could be kinda close to a grand anyways. I'm really leaning towards this since I'm pretty sick of my SKS and the 45 doesn't feel right in my hand at all.

Do a search on gunbroker.com some sellers have them for about $850 plus fees.
    Hidden Content

"I Always Tell The Truth Even When I Lie"

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Go here....

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp

Look up the FFL's in your area, and call them and see what prices they will sell the rifle to you for. My FFL's price was $874 for the LTR several months back. Tack on $20 for the transfer fee (or whatever your FFL would charge) and taxes, and you're probably still considerably less than buying from almost any retail store.

If you buy in state you are paying tax too. Buy out of state for $850, + $25 for FFL and $20 for shipping and your saving >$150.00, so I would buy online.

I personally wouldn't trade those two guns towards an LTR. I like the SKS, its one of the best plinkers available, but to each his own. The only one I shoot with any regularity is Russian, but have heard that others such as Chinese can have problems. Is yours FTF'ing or do you just not like it? I'm not a huge fan of the XD's either...

Just IMO.
    "He who angers you conquers you."
    Elizabeth Kenny

I would rather help support SC, but that's just me, and like was said above, your going to save on taxes too, and I'll do anything to avoid giving more money to the Government. Again, that's just me. :wink:

Rigger
    I hate to be the cruel hand of reality slapping you across the face but, someone has to do it.

Life's hard, buy a helmet. You're not going to get coddled around here so get over it.

Hidden Content

Ads