Who are you guys. Whats this site about

This is a discussion on Who are you guys. Whats this site about within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; sorry if this sound like a silly question are you guys snipers. someone please reply...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bob

sorry if this sound like a silly question

are you guys snipers.

someone please reply

!

I can't speak for everyone but this site has both law enforcement, goverment, and military snipers along with long range shooters and people looking to get into one of those fields.

bob

how do you get into sniping im from england and like to know more about it

thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Anyone can be a Sniper. A sniper does not have to be a shooter whose target is human, on the contrary the term Sniper was coined to describe anyone who hunted the willy Snipe, a very fast and agile bird in England.

bob

were can i go to get in sniping.
    i dont really know the law in england about rifles think you have to be 21

I would try to contact the nearest police department or talk to someone in the service. There are fewer available positions in law enforcement sniping in England because of their political structure but I feel under current world conditions there may be a reserve contingent. Good luck, and yes you probably have to be 18-21 to be in the law enforcement division i England!

Sniper X

To be a Shooter!

Bob:
    Enlist in your countries ARMY my lad! They will take it from there if they see you have the skill's they are looking for. Good luck.

bob

dont know if i could kill somone, would like to do the training/shooting though

If you see yourself as being unable to take a life, don't get into sniping, as that is the whole point. But if you are interested in the long-range precision aspect of the craft, get a good rifle and spend a day every once in a while at the range. Heck, you can even shoot paper silhouettes, and perfect the sniper skills. I am sure you will find it is a lot of fun. And check with local rules and regs to see about age minimums. Good luck, whichever route you take. And by the way, I am not a sniper myself, but do do a lot of long-range shooting and like discussing and sharing knowledge on the subjects with others. If thats what you like to do, then you've come to the right place, my friend!

Jake

!

Im not sure what the laws are where you live but if you can own a hunting rifle you should be able to own a sniper rifle. You don't have to be in the police or military to learn and have fun at long distance shooting. There are lots of books out there and hopefully a range where you live. Contact you local law enforcement and ask them if they have suggestions for long range shooting classes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads