B&C Stock problem Howa 1500

This is a discussion on B&C Stock problem Howa 1500 within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hi guys today i recieved my B&C Stock, a Medalist Light Tactical Stock. Mounted the thing some minutes ago. Tolerances are ok, barrel is centered, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi guys

today i recieved my B&C Stock, a Medalist Light Tactical Stock.

Mounted the thing some minutes ago. Tolerances are ok, barrel is centered, free floating.

I just have one question to you guys who are owning a howa1500 with this stock.

I hope i explain good and you understand what i mean :-)

How long is your rear screw?

The whole action is fitted with 2 screws in the stock. And it seems to me that original one is a little bit to short.

With the original stock the rear screw fills out the whole thread in the action.
    With the new stock i can see the rear hole, the screw seemst to be about 3-4mm to short. about 3 turns are not used.

Is this ok or does i have to get a longer screw? im not sure but i think its not a metric screw, so im gonna have a problem finding one here in switzerland....

Thanks for your help

edit:

2 tuns are not used when torqued with the 65 inch-pound
    Howa1500 .308 B&C Medalist stock, Nikko Stirling Sniper 16x42, Harris bipod

---------------------------
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty....

I built a Howa in a B&C Medalist not long ago and my brother is working on one at this time. On both of those the screw is not flush but is within perhaps 1 thread when torqued to 65 inch-pounds.

When we built those we cleaned up the action channel on both stocks before we assembled. By cleaned up I mean we took a Dremel tool with a small cutter bit and a wire brush and removed any stock material over the top of the aluminum, etc. In our case we removed no aluminum other than to rough it so the Devcon would hold.

We didn't try tightening the screws before the fitting so I cannot say if that is the difference.

Cmon guys help me please :-)

I know that here on the site are a lot of guys who are owning a howa1500 and the same stock. Can you please check how long your screw is or how many turns left?

Or does someone know where i can order a longer screw?
    Its fu&?/*in difficult to find non metric screws here. Already tried it at 5 shops but they have nothing and they cant order something....

thank you

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty....

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Try Brownell's they will have what you want. Local shops seldom if ever have gun screws.

i cant find it on the brownells website...

@Mel

which screws do you use in your entry level packages? the original ones?

i think you just buy the action without the original stock, so from where do you get your screws?

Sponsors
    Sorry for delay... been a rough week.

We use the original screws that come with the action. While they typically will not fill up the entire hole, 3mm seems excessive. Have you checked to be sure that the floorplate is seated correctly with the magazine box, etc? If it is, then as a long as you have several full turns of threading with the screw into the action, then a drop of loc-tite and tightened down to 65-inch lbs should do just fine.

MEL

with the original stock i can make 5 turns, with the B&C about 3 1/4 to 3 1/2

you think this is ok with some loctite? or do you have longer screws? the problem is that the screws arent metric, i cant find them here and i dont know exactly which type of thread it is...

I have a B&C stock and from memory (don't have the rifle in front of me) mine sits pretty much flush.

Reen, if you like I'll try and locate a screw from Midway and send it to you.
    British Army 1997 - 2003

On occasion I have to remove a bit of material from the tang area on the stock to get the receiver to sit flush. It's usually not on the side that the safety is on. Once I do that it drops in nice and flat.

@hkpete

if you could locate the screw and give me the part-number i can check if i can order one @ midway switzerland

@oneeyedmac

the reciever drops in and is flush, just the rear screw seems to be to short. i removed all unnecessary stock material...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads