Best AR Lower and Upper - Page 3

Best AR Lower and Upper

This is a discussion on Best AR Lower and Upper within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; *Deleted*...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    *Deleted*

Keep the regular A2 stock. All of these new fangled stocks make me dizzy.

A simple A2 stock is more shootable. ( to coin a word). Let's stay away from the new fangled stocks and all the other gadgets. Let's keep the rifle simple and let's just give it a great trigger, great barrel and great scope.

That's all we have to do.

Mad

I missed the boat on this one, but doesn't the 6.8 SPC use standard AR magazines? I thought it did, but can only hold 18 rounds in a 30 round mag

I am dyslexia of Borg, futility is resistant, your &#* will be laminated.

The People's Moderator!

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

It does use the same magazines, however you need to change the mag follower and alter the feed lips slightly.

John

Sponsors
    @recoil:
    Yes, you are right, there are only so many ways, and I'm not convinced yet... but it looks like others are I have some ideas of what I wasnt in my AR. Also, I plan to do a SCDM also, which will "probably" be M14 based, though that is not in stone yet.

@Mad:
    I understand exactly what you are saying about simple... but them I'm competing with bushmaster, dpms, and others that produce in high quantity and still make fine rifles. I have a "simplistically tailored" approach to my special application AR. We'll see how it turns out.

MEL

Thanks for the correction on the mag, JRP.

I think the main attraction to me for Mel's AR would be that it is put together with care by someone who knows rifles, and probably will still sell for less than a Les Baer or something similar. That's unique enough for me. If we're using somthing like a 6.5 Grendel the only features I would like to see on my own would be a 24 inch barrel and a free floating tube handguard, with a nice trigger...If not a McCormick, cause they are pricey, a nice NM two stage.

Maybe offer a detachable carry handle with NM sights for people who like using irons?

SCimitAR does sound great

I am dyslexia of Borg, futility is resistant, your &#* will be laminated.

The People's Moderator!

Hidden Content

Here is how I see it:

Sniper Central rifles are tailored towards serious shooters. Guy who understand what really matters. And such shooters are only impressed by controllable triggers, precision barrels and quality optics.

Here is what I consider a serious package:

The rifle has a RRA flat top together with a compact, relatively lightweight Leupold Vari XIII scope. Make it either a fixed 4X, 6X or variable 1.5-6X.

Give the rifle a RRA National Match Trigger group. Use a free floating carbon fiber or aluminum handguard and a quality barrel. One off the shelf barrel that I like is the RRA stainless heavy barrel with the 8" twist and the Wilde chamber. And did I mention that the rifle has a simple A2 stock?

On the other hand, you might go all out and get a Lilja barrel.

Or check out: http://www.ar15barrels.com

Mad

Sponsors
    Yes, I'm planning on a two stage NM trigger. I'm also planning on heavy barrels. But I was not thinking 24". Perhaps I can get some more comments on barrel length? Suppose I can offer optional lengths.

MEL

For the 6.8 build you will need these mags

http://www.pri-mounts.com/acart/agor...uct=6.8_MM_SPC

Page 2

Quote Originally Posted by mele
    Yes, I'm planning on a two stage NM trigger. I'm also planning on heavy barrels. But I was not thinking 24". Perhaps I can get some more comments on barrel length? Suppose I can offer optional lengths.

MEL
    18" to 20" should be fine. Not too sure that 16" would do the job for the long range stuff. Do not see a need for anything longer than 20".

Again, just my $0.002

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Ads