Is this a good deal or a great deal?

This is a discussion on Is this a good deal or a great deal? within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I know I'm getting a deal on this I just am wandering how good of a deal. I have the opportunity to buy a .308 ...

I know I'm getting a deal on this I just am wandering how good of a deal. I have the opportunity to buy a .308 Remington 700 P that has only had about fifty rounds fired through it. The gun has a Millett tactical scope attached and a Hariss bipod. Right now I have the guy down to $900. But I'm hopping that I can get him down to $750.

Don't try to steal the man's rifle. You will have no luck. If you love the rifle, offer him an honest price.

Don't be a schmoe.

Fluffy
    I'm a genius. And you are not.

Nah, that is a horrible deal. You should give me the guys name and number so that I can call him and tell him to stop trying to rip people off. :lol:

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

What is an honest price? Besides I'm not dying to buy the rifle. If he doesn't want to sell it to me he doesn't have to.

How much money could I make if I bought if for $900 dollars and wanted to turn around and sell it in a few months or a couple of years?

looking at google it seems the price of a new one is 700.00 with scope, bipod etc I will pay 900 for it
    John

1.Humans are more important than Hardware.

2.Quality is better than Quantity.

3.Special Operations Forces cannot be mass produced.

4.Competent Special Operations Forces cannot be created after emergencies occur.

A new 700P will run anywhere from $900 to $1,000, a Harris bipod will run $65 for the nonswivel model or $90 for the swivel, can't tell about the scope without the model number but if it's a run of the mill scope it's be in the $350 neighborhood. and the base and rings have value too.

So the replacement cost would be $1325 to $1425 without a base and rings. You have to decide what it's worth to you.

Ads