now firmly in the X-Mark Pro triggers suck camp

This is a discussion on now firmly in the X-Mark Pro triggers suck camp within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I changed the stock, fired it just four times, cleaned it once and dry fired it a few times. I bought it new and it ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I changed the stock, fired it just four times, cleaned it once and dry fired it a few times. I bought it new and it has never been dropped banged or handled ruffly since I have owned it. On the plus side I am now able to convince my wife that I need a new trigger for it so it's not a complete loss.

just be glad you wern't hunting grizzly :shock:
    I take things and make them better

Now thats the first time i have seen that. Had one do that on a 300rum

There are some killer deals on Gunbroker right now for old school rem triggers. withc are much cheaper and very workable.

Tom

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Sorry to see you had a problem with the X-Mark Pro POS trigger . I have a box of about 200 of them would you like me to send you one ? IT WILL BE FOR FREE OF COURSE

Mike
    Tac Ops
    "Every Great Warrior deserves a Great Death"

Thanks for the offer Black Ops but I think I will spring for an aftermarket trigger.
    I would appreciate a recommendation though. The only aftermarket trigger I have ever had any experience with is a Timney so I was leaning in that direction but I have read about some possible quality issues with their newer triggers and I don’t think I dare push my luck with my wife for a Jewel.

Your Most welcome anytime Like I stated I am happy to send you a X Mark pro just to keep you in the game. I would go with an old style Remington 700 and let me set it up for you if you like ? Look around for one send it to me and I will job it for you at no charge Just let me know...

Mike
    Tac Ops
    "Every Great Warrior deserves a Great Death"

:shock: Mike strikes again. Mate, that's an offer you can't say no to!

+1 to Mike R.
    Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle... so what? The great paradox of Quantum Mechanics, we can be certain of uncertainty.

Am I the only one who likes the X Mark Pro trigger? As a factory trigger I think it is fantastic, of course it doesn't compare to a properly tuned trigger though.

Black Ops, wish you had a UK division!
    British Army 1997 - 2003

Thanks again Black Ops If I can find a trigger I just might take you up on your offer. As to the free X-Mark, I have another rifle so I'm still in business there.
    Actually I didn't mind it too much before this. It wasn't as good as my Winchester m70 or my brothers Mountain Rifle that was bought in the mid 1990s both of which have factory triggers that were reworked by a local smith several years ago. I didn't think the X-Mark was too bad for a factory trigger.
    As for the old style 700 trigger. Where would you find one? I looked on Gun brokers but I could only find a couple. One was missing the safety and the other looked like it was dug out of the back yard. There were a lot of the X-Mark triggers though.

Just out of curiosity, what make and model is your rifle???

And if you end up not going with a remington older trigger, id recommend rifle basix, but if you find and old style trigger, def ship it and your rifle to Mike R. you will be in very good hands!

Paulus
    Just a random dude who likes to shoot on occasion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads