Muzzle Brake on TRG 42

Muzzle Brake on TRG 42

This is a discussion on Muzzle Brake on TRG 42 within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I got a Sako muzzle brake for my new TRG 42 .338 Lapua Mag and when I tighten it up on the muzzle it lines ...

Muzzle Brake on TRG 42

I got a Sako muzzle brake for my new TRG 42 .338 Lapua Mag and when I tighten it up on the muzzle it lines up offcenter. I thought the holes were supposed to be equal on the sides with the solid parts on top and bottom. Mine line up about 3/4 turn off center with the holes line up offcenter from the top and bottom. Am I looking at this wrong or is there something that can be done to have correct alignment here. I have not fired the rifle yet as I'm waiting for a source for rings and base that won't bankrupt me and in the meantime I've got this muzzle brake issue . Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks..............Deadeye

I'm not 100% clear with your description. Are you saying that instead of level holes on each side, they are crooked?

If so, I think I remember reading that they were set up like that. Supposedly it was to help keep down the level of dust that was kicked up by it. I remember reading something along those lines, briefly, but I do think that it is supposed to look like that.

Someone who actually has one will have to verify that, but I am nearly positive I'm right.

Muzzle Brake on TRG 42

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the confusion. Let me try again. The holes in the brake are not crooked, they are perfectly aligned side by side. But when I thread the brake onto the muzzle the position that the brake ends up in does not leave the holes side by side. The holes are almost in a verticle position, except they are not aligned in a straight line. The holes are almost at the top and bottom of the brake instead of the sides, but they are not aligned in a straight manner. They are off center about 15 to 20 degrees.
    Or, to put it another way, the top line of holes is at two oclock and the bottom line is at seven oclock. Does this help, or muddy it even more. Instead of being staight in a parellel line, side by side, as they should be, they are on the top and bottom of the line straight out from the muzzel except they are off center. One person told me to take the rifle to my smith and have him install a "crush washer" whatever the hell that is, and that would allow the brake to line up with the holes side by side as they should be. I thought maybe Sako sent me a bad brake that did not line up as it should when I tightened it to the last thread. Again, does this clear it up any at all. Thanks again.............DE

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Once it's screwed on, does the brake have a hex head cross-bolt that clamps the brake to the muzzle?

The Accuracy International brakes are like that ... you just screw it right on then back it off until it's positioned correctly and tighten the cross-bolt.

Heres the deal. The Sako beak is not timed. So you need to line it up then tighten the break on.

Jamie

Sponsors
    kiwi and beck are correct. Screw it on until it is nearly all the way on, then make it level, and then tighten the "clamp" screw to tighten it up. Worked great on our TRG-42 here

MEL

Muzzle Brake on TRG 42

Quote Originally Posted by beck.jamie
    Heres the deal. The Sako beak is not timed. So you need to line it up then tighten the break on.

Jamie

Thanks............Now I've got it. Works fine..............Many thanks, again................Deadeye

Ads