which one to buy ? Remington 40 xb or GA percision

This is a discussion on which one to buy ? Remington 40 xb or GA percision within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I would love a tac op but don' have that kind of money. GA percision basic rifle is about 2600 and so is the Remington ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I would love a tac op but don' have that kind of money. GA percision basic rifle is about 2600 and so is the Remington 40 xb repeater I need some recomendations before I buy the wrong rifle. Or do I send my remington to get customized and by whom

I wouldn't buy anything from Remington, especially at that price, if the other choice is a custom built rifle.

If you already have an action you can send that to GAP and they can build off of it to your spec. I believe they take off like $300 or so dollars on the price if they build off of your action.

What rifle do you have? You might just be able to send it to get a rebarrel and have them true to action if you have a decent stock on there now.

I think you can get more for your dollar by going to a company like GAP. I loved my 40X and really wish I hadn't sold it, but when it came time to get another rifle I decided that I could get more what I wanted from another company. I decided on a HS Precision HTR. I love that rifle, but again I decided to go a different route when I bought my next precision rifle. I thought I would get all the pieces I wanted and then have them assembled. Sort of the "one piece at a time" idea. In practice it didn't work out that way, that rifle came together very quickly thanks to Jerry Stiller of Stiller Precision Rilfes and Larry McElroy of Excorio Precison Arms .AKA "oneeyedmac".

If I were starting from scratch again I would give Larry a call from the get go. He will guarantee his work and work with you to build you the rifle you want, within a budget you can afford. I think he is really one of the better deals. There are other smiths on this site and others that are very capable as well but, I have worked with Larry and I know he will do a good job. I would give him a call and discuss with him what you want. He will tell you if he can do it and provide you some great advice if you decide you want to do something else.

http://www.excorioprecisionarms.com/
    What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
    - William Shakespeare

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

For about $1000 you could have this (add $300 if you need a stock)

http://snipercentral.com/forums/view...852&highlight=
    Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You need to learn to shoot slow, real fast- Wyatt Earp

HS Precision will rebarrel, true and teflon coat your barrelled action for about $1,000. It will come with a .5MOA guarantee. If you like the HS stock your sendero is in that would work. They only take their own rifles and Remingtons mounted in one of their stocks. I think the rifle would probably shoot a little better than, .5MOA but thats not guaranteed. You stated your rifle shoots .5 MOA already, I would just wait until you need to rebarrel you current rifle.

If you dont' like your stock, then I would look around and find one that meets your needs, then drop your barrelled Sendero action in it and see how it shoots. You can bed the action or send it to someone else, like I did. If you send it out, it may be a good time to rebarrel and true your action.

OEM or others could turn your rifle into what you want for a fraction of the price a brand new custom would cost you. You could get more meaningful help by deciding what exactly you want out of your rifle. There are many options out there. The hard part is picking the right one.
    What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
    - William Shakespeare

GAP or Remington? Obviously never shot both.

GAP is so far better than Remington it can not be compared.

Like Yugo versus Limo

I have shot HS Precision and while fairly good a few things I dont like:
    BBLs tended to foul like a MFR
    I dont like the HS Trigger design

I do love that HS Precision Vertical grip fully adjustable stock.

If you would love to have a Tac Ops, why not use your current funds for the down payment, save some more cash while your build is finished, and pay it off when it's done.

I think you would be happier in the long run if you wait a little longer, and get what you really want. :wink:
    I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

go with a remington 40x. They are built very well and ive had the chance to use one and it was a dream to shoot. I dont think ive ever heard anything bad about a 40x rifle. This is my opinion.
    "One shot, one kill"

Never owned a 40x but I do have a GAP built on a Surgeon Action and it plain shoots ... Im not a "crack" shot by any means but that rifle makes me look GOOD. When I miss ... I have no doubt its my fault.

I have to agree with ICAS as I think you may have discounted yourself out of being able to get what you stated you would love to have - a TacOps. On top of having plenty of time to save for the second payment, considering you get a rifle with a lifetime warranty, a fit, finish and functional performance that's unrivaled the price differential is a bargain.

MikeMiller's the guy with the most experience behind all three so between them I'd be interested in his first choice.

Cheers
    "What we do for ourselves, dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads