6.5 creedmoor ? - Page 3

6.5 creedmoor ?

This is a discussion on 6.5 creedmoor ? within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Originally Posted by X Ring Accuracy LOL a 6.5 X 284 Lapua will out shoot a CM all day long. That aint grandiose as you ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 6.5 creedmoor ?

Quote Originally Posted by X Ring Accuracy View Post
    LOL a 6.5 X 284 Lapua will out shoot a CM all day long. That aint grandiose as you say, its fact
    Well please don't tell two of the guys I was shooting against this last Saturday with my DTA Creedmoor out to 1150yds because they were having a fit! You can boast about any caliber you want but it's the driver that makes the difference
    Sully

Damn straight Sully.

The common 6.5's are basically 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Can't really go wrong with any of them as far as I'm concerned. Some are just a little "more right" for certain people.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkan View Post
    Damn straight Sully.

The common 6.5's are basically 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Can't really go wrong with any of them as far as I'm concerned. Some are just a little "more right" for certain people.
    I got my CM for one reason, to be able to get out to a match when I forgot or didn't have time to reload anything for my 260 and still be competetive with low recoil. It does everything I need it to do with factory match ammo, and with my DTA "of course" the changes are just to darn easy! What a system!!!!
    Sully

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    One day... One day I will have a DTA. But before that day comes I would like a Factory Five Mk4 roadster to build along with a very torquey 302 or a balls to the walls 427 with a T-6 tranny and a stout 8.8" rear end geared to 3.55 (or 3.54).

XRA
    Guess I stand corrected
    I am not a paid sponsor, and therefore will not advertise for my company, corporation, establishment, etc.

unfortunately it looks like my budget will let me piece this build together piece by piece . so guess I'm starting with the action. if i can find a used winchester mod 70 ill use that , if not ill go with a rem 700. will be a shilen barrel . and a mcmillan a2 stock ...... i have a tikka t3 but I'm going to save it for my 308 { i think haha } . guess i could use it and buy a 308 later

Brownells has rem700 actions on sale for less than $400. Tough to beat that on a budget custom build.

You want a tranny with balls and an 8" what?....Wait, I re-read your post.... Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by GMinor View Post
    One day... One day I will have a DTA. But before that day comes I would like a Factory Five Mk4 roadster to build along with a very torquey 302 or a balls to the walls 427 with a T-6 tranny and a stout 8.8" rear end geared to 3.55 (or 3.54).

yeah that aint a bad price, theres a gun show this weekend here . going to look for a mod 70 or rem 700. my tikka shoots so good i would have a hard time taking it apart . id love to build on a tikka action its just so hard to find a used one. all the ones iv found used i could almost buy a new one for. .. guess i can just look at this way i have one for a build later.

XRA
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmac1988 View Post
    yeah that aint a bad price, theres a gun show this weekend here . going to look for a mod 70 or rem 700. my tikka shoots so good i would have a hard time taking it apart . id love to build on a tikka action its just so hard to find a used one. all the ones iv found used i could almost buy a new one for. .. guess i can just look at this way i have one for a build later.
    Orkan can fix you up
    I am not a paid sponsor, and therefore will not advertise for my company, corporation, establishment, etc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ads