6.5 creedmoor ?

6.5 creedmoor ?

This is a discussion on 6.5 creedmoor ? within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; hello guys, so is there anyone that makes a heavy barreled 6.5 ? or about how much it be to build one on a winchester ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 6.5 creedmoor ?

Question 6.5 creedmoor ?

hello guys, so is there anyone that makes a heavy barreled 6.5 ? or about how much it be to build one on a winchester mod 70 action? i love the one ruger makes but its like $1500

Banned
    If you are appalled by the $1500 price tag on the Ruger, you might want to stop right now.

If you already have the Win action, then you can work with that and get it rebarreled by a competent gunsmith in 6.5 CM.

We can get you re-barreled to 6.5CM for around $750 out the door.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

XRA
    Quote Originally Posted by GMinor View Post
    If you are appalled by the $1500 price tag on the Ruger, you might want to stop right now.

If you already have the Win action, then you can work with that and get it rebarreled by a competent gunsmith in 6.5 CM.
    Well said Gminor. It all depends on what you want. You want to shoot 6.5? The Creedmoor aint the answer. Its cool, its what the cool guys use. I can name 3 other 6.5 calibers that will out shoot it all day long. Problem is....your got the 6.5 Creed and the guy beside you hands you your ass with a flavor of 6 or 6.5 different from Creedmoor and you throw that rifle in the dumpster. Be wary of what you want. High precision shooting means many things. The high precision rifle genre is what we do. Before you decide on anything, give us a call. Saves money in the long run. You know the saying..."Buy once cry once" . I would shoot a 6.5 X 47 Lapua before a creedmoor. Ballistics prove this. Hell shoot a 6mm BR and out shoot them. 105 Scenar, 39.5 N160, jambed .015, point and click, cant miss. Depends on what you want the rifle to do. Flame suit on.
    exsimguy1 likes this.
    I am not a paid sponsor, and therefore will not advertise for my company, corporation, establishment, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by X Ring Accuracy View Post
    I can name 3 other 6.5 calibers that will out shoot it all day long.
    If you think a statement like this is true, you should probably expound on the details as to why you believe it, don't you think?

Especially considering that from an accuracy point of view, there are no discernible differences between the popular 6.5's. Your statement that 6.5CM will be out-shot by something else "all day long" is quite grandiose, and not in keeping with reality.

XRA
    LOL a 6.5 X 284 Lapua will out shoot a CM all day long. That aint grandiose as you say, its fact
    I am not a paid sponsor, and therefore will not advertise for my company, corporation, establishment, etc.

iv seen the 6.5 creed and 6mmBR shoot the same groups . only bad thing about the 6.5x47 is brass aint cheap and would have to order it all the time as much as i shoot, 6.5CM is cheaper and easer to find . was thing of the 243win , and ill have to buy an action anyway was just thinking if i found a used mod 70 what stocks are available ?

you can make anything shoot good when you hand load for it, my savage 110 in 30-06 shoots one ragged hole at 200 just with a good trigger and hand loads

XRA
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmac1988 View Post
    iv seen the 6.5 creed and 6mmBR shoot the same groups . only bad thing about the 6.5x47 is brass aint cheap and would have to order it all the time as much as i shoot, 6.5CM is cheaper and easer to find . was thing of the 243win , and ill have to buy an action anyway was just thinking if i found a used mod 70 what stocks are available ?
    The .243 was an orginal "hot rod". if loaded right, will make you a proud shooter. Nuff said

XRA
    Stocks are the key with Model 70's. Check out Stockys would be my first reccomendation

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ads