FN patrol bolt rifle

FN patrol bolt rifle

This is a discussion on FN patrol bolt rifle within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I am thinking about purchasing the FN patrol bolt rifle in .308. I don't shoot beyond 500 yards. My gunsmith likes the winchester actions and ...

FN patrol bolt rifle

I am thinking about purchasing the FN patrol bolt rifle in .308. I don't shoot beyond 500 yards. My gunsmith likes the winchester actions and I like the look and feel of this rifle. Any opinions on it would be greatly appreciated.

I personally like a winchester action. I currenty use a winchester push feed action. As for the pre 64 winchester action they are one of the best actions ever designed. Sure they are like everything else in this world they have there limitations and are not perfect but they are among the most revered action out there. If it were me I'd stay with the winchester action.
    Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you.

Sum dominus fati: sed sum princeps meae.

Re: FN patrol bolt rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Marxsen
    I am thinking about purchasing the FN patrol bolt rifle in .308. I don't shoot beyond 500 yards. My gunsmith likes the winchester actions and I like the look and feel of this rifle. Any opinions on it would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi, I have the Fn PBR in .308 and it is fantastic as well as economical. I haven't had a problem with it yet and it is currently in Texas getting built into the USMC M40A-3!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

FN

I have one with the 18 inch barrel - overall the rifle shoots well however the stock trigger pull is absolutly ridiculous. So the first thing that needs to be done is an adjustment on that pull for sure!!!

The hogue stock is excellent other than that it's a competent shooter but nothing to get excited about. It does look slick though...

is $550 NIB for a 20" a good deal?

Quote Originally Posted by public safety equipment
    is $550 NIB for a 20" a good deal?
    Yes. The Average price for one is about $800.00 - $900.00.

I do find there to be some larger gaps between the stock and Barrel, but It can get .75 groups out the box.

Thanks for all the info. The one I'm looking at has an O.D. green stock and is priced at $809. I need a sub-moa gun for my 2 moa trigger finger.

$550

That's a great price but more in line for used then new better make sure it's new !!!

Ads