My new Rifle, Alessandra...at last! - Page 2

My new Rifle, Alessandra...at last!

This is a discussion on My new Rifle, Alessandra...at last! within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; She is absolutely beautiful. Congrats man, I just got my first precision rifle bout a year ago. I still remember the feeling. Isnt it great?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

She is absolutely beautiful. Congrats man, I just got my first precision rifle bout a year ago. I still remember the feeling. Isnt it great?

That is a great looking rifle. You'll be really plesed with her, FN makes a great rifle. What caliber is it (I'm assuming .308)?

By the way shouldn't this be in the gallery?
    Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you.

Sum dominus fati: sed sum princeps meae.

She's in .308 indeed. Thanks guys, yes I'm very excited. Alright, Im off to the range now, be back with some pictures in a bit. Cheers.
    "All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
    Sir Winston Churchill

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Well I hit the range today, was nice and hardly anyone was there. I was shooting quite well, unfortunately Alessandra wasn't quite...

Boresighted, first shot on paper, two more, then adjusted to my group. As I continued shooting I was having trouble getting anything tighter than 4", naturally I was growing a litte frustrated, especially as I was using a nice new Leupold on this rifle, and then just for fun I shot the .243 Win. and put 6 shots under 1 1/2 inches with an old 4x Weaver Redfield.

So I continued working to break in the BBL, cleaning, etc. my Dad was having exact same problems as I was with my rifle. We put the 150gr UMC down for a moment a put 10 185 Gr. Hawthorne Montgomery Wards brand...old, yet clean) no change. So finally we had to take off so I could get to work. Later tonight went through and entire check and found that at some point it appears my objective focus lock-ring came loose and the objective could jiggle a fair amount... problem solved?

Well Ill return to the range this Tuesday and keep the ring exceptionally tight, if this solves the problem (pleaseeeeeeeee :roll: ) then Ill apply some appropriate locktite. Ill post pictures hopefully Tuesday after I get my group under an inch :P . Cheers.
    "All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
    Sir Winston Churchill

We put the 150gr UMC down
    Thats half your problem rite there. Try something better and it will give you a beter Idea what is going on.

Later tonight went through and entire check and found that at some point it appears my objective focus lock-ring came loose and the objective could jiggle a fair amount... problem solved?
    I guess that shouldn't be either!

I am dyslexia of Borg, futility is resistant, your &#* will be laminated.

The People's Moderator!

Hidden Content

Just curious, what is the barrel twist on that rifle?
    "Oh bother!", said Pooh. (As he chambered another round)
    "Learn to use your hands like weapons and weapons like they were your hands."
    "Beware the fury of a patient man"

Twist is a 1 in 12. Just ordered some Black Hills 168gr, that should be here soon so if the scope fix doesn't do it I can take the next step. Cheers.
    Sir Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads