PTG 223 detachable mag

PTG 223 detachable mag

This is a discussion on PTG 223 detachable mag within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I recently picked a rem 700 .223, and I'm looking at bottom metal. I found that PTG has one that takes ar mags the only ...

PTG 223 detachable mag

I recently picked a rem 700 .223, and I'm looking at bottom metal. I found that PTG has one that takes ar mags the only bad thing is I will have to have my receiver milled to accept ar mags.

Does anyone have experience with these? How well do they work? I would hate to get this have my receiver mill (at that it's married to the receiver) and it not work as advertised. But I really like the idea of it using cheap mags that I already have in my possession.

Thanks
    Tim

One problem I would see is if you shooting heavy bullet that you seat out closer to the rifling the mag will be to short.

Cliffy

That's a good point I haven't considered. I'm not reloading yet but it's going to have to be my next step, either that or sell all my guns and buy a race car maybe that would be cheaper.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Are there not AI pattern mags out there for .223? If so then just get the M5 patterned DBM and go from there.
    -I redefined trust between my wife and I. I bought her a gun, taught her to shoot, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

Yeah that what I will do, I was just looking at alternatives to the ai mags at $40 to $50 this the PTG seemed like the only one I would like,. The main thing is I want to use standard magazines.

Ads