Olympic Arms PCR-16

Olympic Arms PCR-16

This is a discussion on Olympic Arms PCR-16 within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Not sure if this is the correct forum for this post, but here she goes.... For you fellas that are wanting an nice AR rifle ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Olympic Arms PCR-16

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this post, but here she goes....

For you fellas that are wanting an nice AR rifle look at the Olympic PCR-16. I have found a guy in the Northwest that has an amazing deal on them $595.00 :shock: I picked mine up from the sporting goods store yesterday. He says that he can get anything in the olympic line cheaper that anyone!?!? I have no ties with this fella (he is in Washington and I live in Georgia) If you want his info let me know.

Mel, if you need to remove this post I understand, but I am in no way advertising for this fella, just passing along a great deal to some good guys.

I am going to put one of those Bushnell 3200 10x40 mill dot scopes on it. I am going to run by the range saturday and will let you know what she does.

Thanks,
    Caver101

Ya, what's up with Olympic Arms being so cheap :? ?

I would not say that they are cheap ($600 is still a lot of cash ) . I think that on the Oly. website it retails for $799, and I have seen it for $750 - $775 in the stores (when you can find it). The deal on this PCR-16 is..........Oly made a huge batch of the uppers and originaly they were only avalible to a couple of large wholesalers. This is by far the cheapest (price only) AR that Oly makes. If you look in the right places you can put together a DPMS AR M-4 (with the collapsible stock) for about $725+ +shipping, that is with no gunsmithing, just put the pins in it and go!!

To answer your question: Oly makes all parts in house, including barrels.

For long term value go with colt, if you just want to shoot go with Oly (I, by no way, am saying that Oly is better, just personal preference ) Some of the military fellas can probably shed more light on the difference that I can.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Sponsors
    I would like to hear a bit more about the Oly rifles from those of you that own one or have shot one. I've heard some quality issues, so I would like to hear how they compare to DPMS or Bushmaster (which I have experience with). Performance results would be good also. $595 seems like a dang good price.

thanks guys (and gals?)

MEL
    PS - No reason to delete this thread.

Just tell me what you want tested at the range this weekend on the PCR-16 and it is done! (NO, I will not through it down in a mud puddle :P ). This is the second Oly I have owned and I have never had a problem with one. They have a great lifetime no "BS" warranty.

Now I am not using any of these rifles on a daily basis. Are there any troops in here that can shed some light on them, they should know better than anyone? What flavor of AR is issued to our fine troops the most?

I will be taking several types of ammo. Range is only 100 yds. Scope is the Bushnell 3200 10x40 that you did a review on, thought that I could try one also. I will try to do a full review on it, from a weekend shooters perspective, not a sniper or police officer.

i have talked to a lot of AR-15 buffs who will say that Colt/Bushmaster hold up the best over longer periods of time than any other ARs
    when they have AR-15s that fall apart after a year of shooting and others that last them a few years and still shoot like new

Olympic Arms is fine for plinking, not my first choice for making th enext line of Ar-15s for the military

DPMS i hear a few things about thier bolts breaking but those who dont complain about that generally love them

I have heard some bad things about Colt's quality. I know they used to be really good, but since they whent bankrupt (sp?) their quality has bone down bigtime. This isn't coming from personal experience, only acounts of people I know.

Sponsors
    For performance, I'm wondering what type of accuracy you see from Oly AR's. How are the triggers? How much slop exists in the common areas of AR's? (upper/lower fit, etc)

MEL

Got a little range time in Saturday and will be posting a full review soon.

APK

don't forget, when you are looking at quality AR-15's, you can not overlook Rock River Arms!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads