Remington 300 win mag detachable mag and stock

This is a discussion on Remington 300 win mag detachable mag and stock within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Just looking to do some work on my Remington 700 long range 300 win mag model really looking for a stock that comes with bottom ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just looking to do some work on my Remington 700 long range 300 win mag model really looking for a stock that comes with bottom metal and detachable magazine set together any ideas or sites can share? Thanks

Have you looked into a chassis system?

Yeah i've checked into them I was looking for more something the look of a McMillan or hs precision stock and didn't want to spend over 500 but if it's just under 600 that'd be fine

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Bell and Carlson, greyboe, or h&s just some off the top of my head, then do a drop In dm bottom metal PTG comes to mind (usually still require some inletting).
    The one big thing for me is make sure the dm uses a standard mag, aics have become standard but a lot of systems have proprietary mags so there is only one source I don't like that.

If you are looking to spend $500-600 then I would bump your budget a bit and get a fully adjustable stock. The adjustments are more vital to shooting than the dbm is. I like manners stocks...but mcmillian are good too.

If you go the budget route...then cdi precision has dbm's and inletting for your rifle is included.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

All I'm really looking at is a stock with a vertical pistol grip and a littler larger cheek well Like something similar to the McMillan A series and looked into getting a DBM kit with it but that would be closer to $700 I know bell and Carlson makes an M40 style stock with the vertical pistol grip in the 300$ range has anyone had experience with those And could speak on their performance?

Quote Originally Posted by ddd oo7 View Post
    If you are looking to spend $500-600 then I would bump your budget a bit and get a fully adjustable stock. The adjustments are more vital to shooting than the dbm is.
    Yes I love my McMillan with adjustable riser and butt pad, it's not exactly tacticool but its nice to be able to drop the cheek riser down and pull the bolt.

My next nice conventional stock will be a folder mostly for cleaning purposes. I get tired of pulling the cheek rest to clean the rifle.

I saw Orkans folding stock the other day and it is so simple. Just fold it out of the way and clean.
    Desert Tech SRS A1 with TS Customs 308 win, 22 CM, and 7 LRM barrels
    Primal Rights 40x .22LR Repeater
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Hidden Content

I'm thinking mcmillian A3 sporter bell and Carlson m40 stock or grayboe renegade and waiting on the bottom metal/ DBM for a little

I have a Bell and Carlson that I got from Ryhno on here. Its a decent stock for the money. At this point it crentanily isn't hurting my shooting, but its not making it tons easier either. Thats where a fully adjustable stock (and folding just for cleaning like ddd said would be awesome) would be a big improvement. But yeah, you pay for that comfort and features.

Now just to clarify, the Grayboe comes inletted from them for a M5 DBM. You can pick one of those up from Pacific Tool and Gauge for about $150. So your in right at $500. Also I believe that Stocky's Stock does inletting and can inlet a Bell and Carlson for you. SO no need to wait.
    -I redefined trust between my wife and I. I bought her a gun, taught her to shoot, and made her the beneficiary on my life insurance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads