Rem700 Lightweight Varmint, SSF

This is a discussion on Rem700 Lightweight Varmint, SSF within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I just purchased a new Rem 700, Light Varmint 308. Does anyone know anything about these rifles. I wanted a light weight 308 and had ...

IZ

I just purchased a new Rem 700, Light Varmint 308. Does anyone know anything about these rifles. I wanted a light weight 308 and had to choose between the standard 308 and the LTR.
    Does anyone know who manufactures a stainless one piece 1913 rail for the 700 short action?

Thank you

IZ
    The natural state of the Army is War, not Peace.
    503 MP Bn, ABN

Sponsors
    The varmint barreled actions are the same as the 700P and LTR barreled actions. They just put a different stock on them.

In terms of your rails, check out Badger Ordnance, IOR, and perhaps Leupold, but they do not make a 1913 spec rail, its more a "Weaver style one piece base with several notches"

MEL

IZ

1913 rail

Mel, the rail you described; "weaver rail with notches cut in it" is the 1913 Picatinny rail that is standard to the military & law enforcement. It is essentially exactly what you described ; a weaver rail with slots cut into it for recoil lugs.
    The natural state of the Army is War, not Peace.
    503 MP Bn, ABN

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Sponsors
    Right, but a "true" (at least to me) 1913 rail has the notches cut the entire length of the rail, the Leupolds do not, they only have two or three different locations of notches. Its very close, but not a "true" 1913. Guess I wasn't clear in my initial response by exactly what I meant as it not being a true rail.

sorry ops:

MEL

If this is what i'm thinking of the gun is not the same as the heavy varmint models or P or LTR..I think the whole rifle weighs under 7 lbs but may be wrong..I am very interested in one of these for a varmint hunting rifle. Let us know how it shoots.

Ads