High End AR Build? - Page 4

High End AR Build?

This is a discussion on High End AR Build? within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; 2 stage triggers for me :-D...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: High End AR Build?

2 stage triggers for me :-D
    Ted_Feasel likes this.

I received a reply this morning from the GM of JP. He said that "any JP rifle in .223 with a low-mass (LMOS) bolt carrier, Silent Captured spring and one of our Compensators" should be low recoil. I haven't created an account yet to use their rifle builder, so I haven't had a chance to see if that all makes sense to me. I was wondering if a heavy barrel would reduce felt recoil? Any thoughts about that?

Quote Originally Posted by ihasarifle View Post
    I received a reply this morning from the GM of JP. He said that "any JP rifle in .223 with a low-mass (LMOS) bolt carrier, Silent Captured spring and one of our Compensators" should be low recoil. I haven't created an account yet to use their rifle builder, so I haven't had a chance to see if that all makes sense to me. I was wondering if a heavy barrel would reduce felt recoil? Any thoughts about that?
    Heavy barrels definitely reduce the recoil... more weight=more energy absorbed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Now... guys... Really???

You guys are concerned about recoil from .223?

Come on.....
    Ted_Feasel and alphadogg60 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
    Now... guys... Really???

You guys are concerned about recoil from .223?

Come on.....
    reread post # 6
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

USAF 1966-1970, SEA 69-70

I had more luck contacting Lone Star Armory via Facebook. Offered to let me come by the shop and try out some options on their small indoor range so I can judge the recoil before I buy. :-D

I hope you find what you are looking for

Another option you might consider is something in 17hmr. There are a few manufactures that make a nice bolt action, and savage makes the A17 which is fun and after a little work is very accurate. I've shot mine out to 200 yards, and you can get a box of 50 for less then 10 bucks when on sale.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

USAF 1966-1970, SEA 69-70

Quote Originally Posted by mike.h View Post
    reread post # 6
    I did... Seen shooters with similar situations. The worst one was one of my drinking buddies who happens to lost most of movement on his right limb. Faced an armed thug on the street back in college year. Stabbed on his limb, ended up loosing most of mobility on his right arm. Poor guy.

Anyways, to make the story short, 223 just don't produce enough mass transfer back to the body, even for him. He sets up behind the rifle, sitting in bench, only control he has on his right side is the fingers and palm of his hand. According to him, my carbine did not even pushed him. Nope, I told him don't even think about trying 308 semi, thou.

I am very sure, any brake will do the job without hurting OP.

That's a very good and generous offer. Try before you buy is the best. I am sure this guy would be willing to change out a few things to tailor you the right rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
    I did... Seen shooters with similar situations. The worst one was one of my drinking buddies who happens to lost most of movement on his right limb. Faced an armed thug on the street back in college year. Stabbed on his limb, ended up loosing most of mobility on his right arm. Poor guy.

Anyways, to make the story short, 223 just don't produce enough mass transfer back to the body, even for him. He sets up behind the rifle, sitting in bench, only control he has on his right side is the fingers and palm of his hand. According to him, my carbine did not even pushed him. Nope, I told him don't even think about trying 308 semi, thou.

I am very sure, any brake will do the job without hurting OP.
    I think you are probably right about that. I am looking for a .223 because I tried one, and it was no problem at all. But that was before I had spinal bone removed at the junction of my upper back and neck, and the four vertebra above that fused. I haven't done any shooting at all since that surgery at the end no if last year. I was already having problems from the recoil of my bolt action rifles before the surgery. I don't know if things will be better or worse now, but I'm inclined to do everything I can to minimize recoil and, thus, minimize risk of re injury.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Ads