Advice on new rifle

Advice on new rifle

This is a discussion on Advice on new rifle within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Need advice on new rifle. I would like to shoot 1000m. I am looking for a rifle to achieve this, something in 6.5 creedmoor. wanting ...

Advice on new rifle

Need advice on new rifle.
    I would like to shoot 1000m. I am looking for a rifle to achieve this, something in 6.5 creedmoor. wanting to spend around 500 to 600. I have a Vortex Diamondback tactical in m Rad . 6x24x50. any suggestions

Thanks

Tikka T3x CTR 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle JRTXC382

The Tikka mentioned already is a good choice. You'd have to check the used market to get Tikka CTR for $600.

The limiting factor of a $600 rifle is going to be the stock. Very few factory rifles come standard with a decent stock.

If I was looking for something in the $600 range, I would try to find a Savage Varmint or Predator model rifle for $250 or less new or used. Then I'd buy a Boyd's or Choate rifle stock and glass bed the barreled action to it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Advice on new rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo117 View Post
    The Tikka mentioned already is a good choice. You'd have to check the used market to get Tikka CTR for $600.

The limiting factor of a $600 rifle is going to be the stock. Very few factory rifles come standard with a decent stock.

If I was looking for something in the $600 range, I would try to find a Savage Varmint or Predator model rifle for $250 or less new or used. Then I'd buy a Boyd's or Choate rifle stock and glass bed the barreled action to it.
    I like the savage idea. Any real 1 MOA rifle will bang steel 20” plates at 1k pretty easy with little to no wind. Savage makes a 6.5 creed in the axis model with a heavy barrel. I think it was a Walmart exclusive.
    Any way. You can DIY bed the front lug, adjust the trigger, sand out the stock so barrel isn’t touching and pour the bottom of the socks floor with epoxy and stiffen it up.
    You can fill the butt up with silicone and add some weight. It will shoot just fine with FGMM.
    You just need the optics to get you there correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kilerhamilton; 12-14-2018 at 06:46 AM.

I've seen the Savage Axis II in 6.5 CM on Sportsman Outdoor Super Store for cheap.

I've heard of people epoxying a piece of rebar or an aluminum rod in the forearm of the stock. I've never done it myself. This would be the cheapest way to fix the stock issue. If you mess up, big whoop. People give the Axis stocks away for free or almost free.

Yes, the triggers are pretty easy to DIY or buy cheap springs to lighten up.

Ads