Additional RPR Barrel Advice Needed

This is a discussion on Additional RPR Barrel Advice Needed within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I posted a thread about a loss in accuracy in my RPR. I thoroughly cleaned the carbon ring which helped but the gun still isn't ...

I posted a thread about a loss in accuracy in my RPR. I thoroughly cleaned the carbon ring which helped but the gun still isn't as accurate as it once was. It is better but not where I want it to be. How important is it to have a Krieger or Bartlein specifically chambered for a round vs for example buying a pre-chambered 6.5 Creedmoor Krieger? Finding people with specific round reamers is not easy nor common. I am down to about .5 MOA but it's not consistent. I want a better barrel. With all of the choices out there and a budget that is not limited to a super cheap barrel what is the best course of action to follow to get a noticeable increase in accuracy? Would buying a pre-chambered Krieger provide a noticeable upgrade or do I have to talk to someone and have it cut for a single round rather than SAAMI?

SAAMI specs have a tolerance range. A match cut chamber is at the min side, a rem 700 is tword the max. Just have it match cut and be good.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Ads