She Shoots

She Shoots

This is a discussion on She Shoots within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I finally got to the range after getting my rifle back from the smith. It's a stock Remington 700 varmint in .308, and I just ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By ABCarlson
  • 1 Post By Martino1
  • 1 Post By trigger68

Thread: She Shoots

She Shoots

I finally got to the range after getting my rifle back from the smith. It's a stock Remington 700 varmint in .308, and I just had a Mcmillan HTG stock put on, with HS Precision DBM and had the barrel shortened to 24". It has a Bushnell Tactical 10x on it.

This was my 2nd time to the range with this gun, and my 2nd time to any range in probably 20 years, so I was pleasantly surprised to shoot some good groups.

1st pic. Federal GMM 168 on the right, Federal TBT 165 on the left and Winchester Super X 150 in the middle.

2nd pic. Fed GMM on the center and right, and leftover random cheap Winchester on the left.

I was pretty happy to shoot 2 really good groups with the Federal GMM. Not sure how to measure really, but one was 5/8 inch and one was 1/2 inch. I'll add close pics of those 2. They were both 3 shot groups. Some of those first groups were 5 shot.

I don't have a lot of experience, and somehow ended up getting my nose with the scope 4-5 times out of 50 shots. I thought I was holding tight, but maybe my scopes too close. Any tips for that?

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ABCarlson; 08-29-2019 at 04:13 PM.

168GMM might group well for you but they'll max out at about 800yds. 175GMM will get you to 1000yds.
    ABCarlson likes this.

Thatís good shooting! might have your scope moved forward a little. I also have that rifle. Itís a good rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ABCarlson likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by trigger68 View Post
    Thatís good shooting! might have your scope moved forward a little. I also have that rifle. Itís a good rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I move it forward, I'll have to move my eye forward to get the full view of the reticle. I wear glasses, could that make me need to be too close to the scope? My eye is about 2.5 inches from the eye piece as it stands.

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk

Ads