Tikka Tac A1/CTR ?

Tikka Tac A1/CTR ?

This is a discussion on Tikka Tac A1/CTR ? within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Does any here know if the tac a1 and CTR actions are interchangeable? I have a 16" tac a1 in 308. I am mulling over ...

Tikka Tac A1/CTR ?

Does any here know if the tac a1 and CTR actions are interchangeable? I have a 16" tac a1 in 308. I am mulling over the idea of buying a 20" stainless CTR with the intention of putting it in the tac a1 chassis and putting the 16" in the CTR stock. I will be suppressing both, so I think the 16" will be handy in the standard stock in the woods and just use the 20" tac a1 on the bench. Thank you in advance for the help.

Hi there.
    They are interchangeable for sure. Only issue lies in removing the rail off the Tac A1. It is a very thick rail for the reason the handguard fixes to it. I have heard some people got it removed.. but its not easy.

You can buy a 20 moa rail for a Tac A1 also. They are probably around $160 plus.

Other than that its all pretty std. The firend pulls off the 'barrel nut' remove the 2x screws holding the 'barrel nut'. Take 2x action screws out the bottom and you're done!

Chz mate

I heated up my rail with a hair dryer for a while until it was hot and it came off with a few taps of a mallet

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mike04rubicon View Post
    I heated up my rail with a hair dryer for a while until it was hot and it came off with a few taps of a mallet
    +1

Ads