338 dilemma

338 dilemma

This is a discussion on 338 dilemma within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I’m looking at the 338 ruger precision 18080 or savage 110fcp 19481. Can’t decide....

Thread: 338 dilemma

338 dilemma

I’m looking at the 338 ruger precision 18080 or savage 110fcp 19481. Can’t decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayeretgolani13 View Post
    I’m looking at the 338 ruger precision 18080 or savage 110fcp 19481. Can’t decide.
    I've had an RPR .308 for a few years now and have been very happy with it since day one. When Ruger came out with the .338, I talked with a couple people at that range who were shooting one and they too just loved theirs . . . including a 98 lb young lady who told me how she loved how the muzzle break reduced the recoil and it being adjustable helped keep the recoil straight back. I guess you won't know until you try one . . .???

Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter1 View Post
    I've had an RPR .308 for a few years now and have been very happy with it since day one. When Ruger came out with the .338, I talked with a couple people at that range who were shooting one and they too just loved theirs . . . including a 98 lb young lady who told me how she loved how the muzzle break reduced the recoil and it being adjustable helped keep the recoil straight back. I guess you won't know until you try one . . .???
    +1

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

I just bought the RPR 338. Have 25 rounds through it get used to it and zeroing the scope. Seems like a well built firearm, fairly heavy but to me thats a good thing. Recoil is just a hair more then my 300 winmag. Found a load that works well but will continue to develope that. Overall I am happy with it. Will be stretching it out this spring when the weather allows me to get to my regular longer range shooting area.

Good input. Sounds about right

I have the savage fcp, i love it. 1" groups at 400 yds.

I have the 338 lm savage le. As you, I get 1/4 shots. ie, at a 1/4 mile my bullets holes fit inside a quarter. I have a few hundred rounds through it and it still holds true. I also have arthritis, damaged joints and a few other issues, just mentioning as it is easy to shoot without worrying about future pains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzhunter04 View Post
    I have the savage fcp, i love it. 1" groups at 400 yds.

Ads