Savage Model 10PT-SR 308, 18"

This is a discussion on Savage Model 10PT-SR 308, 18" within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hello, All. I got the above mentioned rifle from my wife for Christmas. I don't like the stock very much. It's not bad, but it ...

Hello, All.

I got the above mentioned rifle from my wife for Christmas. I don't like the stock very much. It's not bad, but it is not exactly free floated. I ran a piece of copy paper from the stock opening down to the chamber and it was binding up a bit and got residue on it from the barrel. Is there any way I can improve this action to barrel set-up, or am I looking for a good aftermarket stock?

If I am need of a new stock, could some of you point me in the right direction? This rifle utilizes Savage detachable magazines.

Thanks in advance for all help and advice!

Flyntus

Im not familiar with that stock but, I'd start by using a dremmel on the stock where it appears to be touching the barrel.

Also cut a credit card in half and squeeze it under the mounting lug. Has worked for me countless times.

Ads