Bighorn Origin bolt help

Bighorn Origin bolt help

This is a discussion on Bighorn Origin bolt help within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; I wasn't paying attention while I was attempting to remove the firing pin on the bolt of my Origin and I rotated the bolt shroud ...

Bighorn Origin bolt help

I wasn't paying attention while I was attempting to remove the firing pin on the bolt of my Origin and I rotated the bolt shroud the wrong direction. It now appears to be stuck. I can't get it to budge or rotate back. Any suggestions on how I can get it oriented correctly again?

IMG_20200121_222233 (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Catalyst66 View Post
    I wasn't paying attention while I was attempting to remove the firing pin on the bolt of my Origin and I rotated the bolt shroud the wrong direction. It now appears to be stuck. I can't get it to budge or rotate back. Any suggestions on how I can get it oriented correctly again?

IMG_20200121_222233 (1).jpg
    You will need to "cock" the striker and rotate it to the bolt open or cocked position. A vise with soft jaws will work to hold the cocking piece while yo rotate the rest of the bolt

Quote Originally Posted by renegade99 View Post
    You will need to "cock" the striker and rotate it to the bolt open or cocked position. A vise with soft jaws will work to hold the cocking piece while yo rotate the rest of the bolt
    +1

Ads