What UK cheap bolt actions are there that do the job?

This is a discussion on What UK cheap bolt actions are there that do the job? within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; Hi all, i'm sure you are aware of the ridiculous gun laws there are in the UK, but fortunately bolt action snipers are legal. I'm ...

Hi all, i'm sure you are aware of the ridiculous gun laws there are in the UK, but fortunately bolt action snipers are legal. I'm looking for a cheap bolt that works accurately at around 100-200 yards. What ones would you recommend?

That’s kind of a loaded question. There’s no such thing as a sniper rifle. Snipers use rifles and the firearm doesn’t do the sniping. The shooter does. Now to your bolt rifle question. 100-200yds isn’t nothing. If you can’t find any rifle to hold a group at that distance. Something else is wrong. Rifles you want to push past 600yds is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechman View Post
    That’s kind of a loaded question. There’s no such thing as a sniper rifle. Snipers use rifles and the firearm doesn’t do the sniping. The shooter does. Now to your bolt rifle question. 100-200yds isn’t nothing. If you can’t find any rifle to hold a group at that distance. Something else is wrong. Rifles you want to push past 600yds is a different story.
    +1

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

My suggestion is to research which European manufactures such as CZ, Tikka, Sako, FN, or classics like Mauser 98, Mosin-Nagant, Lee-Enfield, Mannlicher-Schönauer, Sako L61R Finnbear have the caliber you wish to use keeping in mind the expense per round. Accuracy International and Barret in Britain makes some of the world's finest firearms and are not for those on a budget. The above are just a few of the rifles manufactured in Europe, so good luck in your quest. Choosing the optimal caliber is another researching opportunity for you.
    In adversity remember to keep an even mind, train hard and fight easy.
    Horace/Alexander Suvoro

The answer for me is actually quite easy. Buy a Tikka. It is without a doubt the best bang for the buck in the moderately priced bolt action rifle category. It needs nothing out of tthe box to consistently shoot sub MOA with factory ammo. Now I know you may be able to find a bolt action rifle that is cheaper, but it will ultimately disappoint you and just result in you having to buy something better eventually.

Ads