RCBS Single Press

RCBS Single Press

This is a discussion on RCBS Single Press within the Rifles forums, part of the Sniping Related category; The press goes down ok, but coming up itís like a two stage pull and it gets stuck on almost every case. Anyone else have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: RCBS Single Press

RCBS Single Press

The press goes down ok, but coming up itís like a two stage pull and it gets stuck on almost every case. Anyone else have this issue when resizing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Balducci View Post
    The press goes down ok, but coming up itís like a two stage pull and it gets stuck on almost every case. Anyone else have this issue when resizing?

Are you doing rifle cases or straight walled cases and if they are straight walled cases are they by chance horndy dies

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Iím loading 300 Win Mag.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SniperForums.com
    Advertisements

Iím loading 300 Win Mag.

If its sticking when you go to lift the handle/lower the ram, maybe you have to much lube or if using something like hornady one shot, not letting the liquid evaporate and hydraulically sticking them? I know the rcbs rock chucker has a cam over point, have you check or looked closely to see if something is getting out of alignment on the cam over or un camming? Maybe stupid thoughts but just throwing it out there... does it do it only on the 300 win mag?

tonytoshiba likes this.

Turned out I didnít have the right lube for the die. I was using gun oil. I bought die wax. That solved it.

Ted_Feasel likes this.

Give imperial sizing die wax a chance next time. Magnum cases are harder to size than other ones.
    Hidden Content

The men who wrote the 2nd Amendment hadn't just finished a hunting trip.

They had just liberated a nation.

I've had really good results with one shot. Just have to give it a minute or 2 to let the spray medium evaporate or you can hydro stick them

Raymond Balducci likes this.

I just got Imperial Die Wax. Iíve also heard great things about One Shot as well. The one that came with the RCBS press wasnít good at all.

I just got Imperial Die Wax. Iíve also heard great things about One Shot as well. The one that came with the RCBS press wasnít good at all.

I've read imperial is used alot when wildcating. Ive though about getting some to try just have not done it yet.

Glad it was an easy fix. I need to remember to pay attention to my upward force. When the bleeder holes fill with lube the force becomes too great and I run the risk of deforming my brass. 338 LM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads