Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

RCBS Single Press

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Raymond Balducci 
#1 ·
The press goes down ok, but coming up it’s like a two stage pull and it gets stuck on almost every case. Anyone else have this issue when resizing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
If its sticking when you go to lift the handle/lower the ram, maybe you have to much lube or if using something like hornady one shot, not letting the liquid evaporate and hydraulically sticking them? I know the rcbs rock chucker has a cam over point, have you check or looked closely to see if something is getting out of alignment on the cam over or un camming? Maybe stupid thoughts but just throwing it out there... does it do it only on the 300 win mag?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Haha. Yeah I dinged a few cases too. Just curious.. I’m heading to my range tomorrow (finally NJ bends the knee. Just sue them and they hide) and I loaded my cases a little bit bigger than the COL says it should be. They say 3.340, but mine (with polymer tips) are 3.587. I had them a bit longer the last batch I shot. But I’m not sure if these are the same or longer. So I just wanted to run it by here and see if it helps. I’m going either way. But if it’s really a risk of getting a bullet jammed then I’ll repress them down a bit in the morning before I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
The tool is inexpensive and will help you produce a more accurate and repeatable round. A few extra tools and you'll be making quarter size holes and a quarter mile in no time. Save all your data.
Being and engineer and programmer back in the working days I came up with a saying which works for me.

"Too much information is almost enough"

Be safe, have fun, bring others along.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.